Chapter 40

*Emily’s POV

“Harry!” I gently shook him. It was 10:30 AM and the audition gates open at 12. Surely enough, Harry wouldn’t budge. I raise an irate eyebrow at him and hit him multiply times with his pillow. “Harry Edward Styles! Get. Up!” He suddenly waved off the pillow and threw it on the floor. “Gdf Aweoeu” He grumbled, but I couldn’t understand a word he just said. “What?” I asked rather irritated at his attitude. He sighed softly and got up. He rubbed his eyes and shivered. Figures, he was topless and his duvet was scattered underneath him. “The auditions, Harold. Unless you changed your mind already, I’ll be waiting downstairs. The boys are already ready. 5 minutes.” I strictly ordered and marched downstairs. I saw him in my peripheral vision rolling his eyes.

As I made my way downstairs, I felt two hands wrapping around my waist. “Harry..” I whined, knowing his touch. He nuzzled his head in to my neck and grabbed me tighter. “I want to stay like this forever, you know?” He cooed in my ears. I felt my cheeks redden and my body radiating heat. I’ve known him for more than ten years and he still gives me shivers. “That’s nice, and um, cool. Dress up.” I said, taking away his hands and looking at him in the eyes. “Yes babe.” He grumbled and scurried back to his room.

“Where’s Harry?!” I yelled at the four other boys who were done auditioning. I grab a handful of hair and pulled at it forcefully. I wasn’t even auditioning, and my head is actually throbbing and I was stressed. It felt like I’m going to explode any minute now.

“I have no idea.” Louis answered, looking around. I cursed under my breath and said, “He’s almost next in line! For fuck’s sake!” I exclaimed and hurried down the halls to find Harry.

I looked everywhere. The loo, the back, and even outside. Finally, I saw him sitting in a corner. His knees were buckled as his chin was resting on it. “Haz!” I called out and he snapped out of his thoughts. I went on my knees and kneeled right next to him. “Why aren’t you outside?” I worried.

“I’m scared, Emily..” He whispered. He was close to tears, I can feel it.

“Why? You’ll do fine!” I replied.

“That’s exactly why! I’ll just do ‘fine’! I can’t just be ‘fine’. I have to be exemplary! I have to be someone the judges will absolutely love and never forget!” He screamed and ran a hand through his curly hair that was all over the place.

“Oh you’ll do great, Harry! You’re an amazing singer and no one can out stand you. This is your moment, and don’t let anyone else take it from you. Be the boy I fell in love with, the boy who will do anything to get what he wants, the boy knows how to dare himself and be who he really is. The boy who lights up my world.” I soothed him and caressed his cheek gently.

He looked at me and I saw his green orbs getting lighter and lighter. Determination, love, and passion were obviously his feelings. I can see it. I can feel it. “It’s just nerves, you can do this. You’re Harry Styles.” That made him smile. He nodded slightly and got up at the same time as me.

“I can do this.”

**

Isn't she lovely

Isn't she wonderful

Isn't she precious

Less than one minute old

I never thought through love we'd be

Making one as lovely as she

But isn't she lovely made from love

His voice rang through my ears. He’s going to get through, I just knew it. I remember when he sang the exact same song to me in middle school. He told me he love me. He told me that that was his song for me. I felt honored of having him sing it once again, in front of thousands.

I clasped my hands together and recited a silent prayer. Before I knew it, someone was picking me up and I opened my eyes. It was Harry, with tears stained on his cheeks and some continuously streaming down from his face. He was smiling like a Cheshire cat. He actually got through. Finally, it felt glorious.

I felt tears brimming in my eyes as Harry kept babbling about how he finally got his dreams coming true. Meanwhile, thousands of emotions were running around me as the thought of him getting through process in my mind. Happiness, as finally, he’s got something he wants. Sadness, as together with the other boys, they’ll be gone for a long time. Depression, because we’re still friends and I’m already badly falling for him.

“Harry, I-“ I started but was cut off by his lips crashing down on mine. I was a little taken aback by his actions but I gave in after a few seconds. We molded into one, our bodies so close together. I ran my fingers through his luscious curls as his hands slid down to my waist, locking my torso to his.

“Would you do the honor of being my girlfriend?” He whispered amongst my lips. I reopened my eyes to meet his and he was looking at me with such hope. I smiled big and said, “Finally!” And reconnected our lips once again.

Surely enough, a new journey has begun for the both of us.

This is a story, about a boy and girl, who just happens to be best friends.

And just happens to be in love.

And a boy, who loves a girl with so much passion and purity.

And a girl, who just happens to like giving Second Chances.

THE END.

--

Hello everyone!! :) Yes, Second Chances has finally ended, and I'm sorry it took this long. I was practically busy with school and I am experiencing a blood hard writer's block. But on a brighter note, I already have an idea for the sequel! Though it will not be posted yet. Thank you for staying loyal fans, and being such patient readers. Vote, and comment! Thank you again, I love you all!!!!! :-)