Chapter 21

*Emily’s POV

“About?” I croaked out. They didn’t answer so I repeated, “Are you gonna answer or I’ll shut this door right in front of your faces?”

They shook their heads and mostly all of them put their heads down. Only Tatyanah plucked up the courage to say anything. “We’re here to say sorry.”

I sniffed and said, “I’m tired guys, we can talk tomorrow or something if I go to school.”

“Are you even planning on coming back?” She replied.

I shrugged.

She forced her way in and so did the others. I sighed and said, “I’ll just clean up. Then we can talk.”

After a few minutes of awkward silence and cleaning, I sat down on the love seat opposite the other couch. There are two couches and a love seat. Niall, Guen, Johnny, Liam and Nicole were sitting on the first couch facing the TV, while Tatyanah, Louis, Zayn, Diane and Meg were sitting on the other. Harry was standing leaning on a wall. I pursed my lips and said, “Uhm.. so…”

“WE’RE SO SORRY!” Louis cried out and kneeled in front of me. I was a bit shocked by this and I went wide-eyed.

“Lou, it’s-“ I started but Zayn cut me off.

“We didn’t know that it wasn’t true..”

I just stared at them blankly. “Well, actually the girls believed you. The boys were a bit skeptical at first, but after I explained, they believed you. They’re really sorry Emily.” Meg said.

I nodded and said, “Oh, okay then. It’s alright.”

“It’s not alright! Please, we’re really sorry.” Liam banged on the coffee table and Nicole rubbed his arm signaling him to stop it.

“Cut me some slack, I’m fine. Really.” I replied to him.

He smiled apologetically. I turned to the girls, “Thanks for believing me, even if I didn’t utter a word.”

“It’s okay, you were shocked. We were all. Never thought Maddie would step a toe out of line. That was definitely stupid.” Guen said.

“In my dictionary, Maddie is an example of evil. And her attitude is the definition of it.” Diane added.

We all laughed and I knew that we’re all okay again. But Harry was quiet the whole time.

“Anyway, when I see that skunk again I swear I’ll seize her.” Tatyanah said rolling her eyes.

“Don’t seize her, rip her to shreds!” Nicole added while chuckling.

“Tomorrow at school, I promise.” I winked.

I looked at Harry and he was staring at space. I coughed and said, “Uh guys, Can I talk to Harry privately?” They nodded and I grabbed Harry. We walked to the kitchen and I closed the door.

We looked at each on what felt like an eternity but he said, “Emily, I’m so sorry.”

“Harry, I was hurt. First of all because you trusted Maddie so fast, and you know I would never say those words. Second, you never asked me about it. You just let me walk away and didn’t let me explain. Third of all, you broke the promise you said.”

He looked away and said, “What promise?”

I grabbed his arm. “You promised me you’ll never leave me hurt.”

I turned around to sit but he grabbed my waist. “I made that promise, exactly 8 years ago when you got bullied at elementary school. I never left you since then. I broke it twice. And it’s all because of Maddie. First, two years ago. Second, yesterday. I am so sorry for everything but I’m still happy because you gave me chance to talk to you again and you have no idea how much it ached my heart to see you in so much pain when you opened the door. It terrified me too much and I’m still shocked up to now. You are a brave girl and you know that. Please, give me another chance. I won’t do it again. I’m so sorry.”