Chapter 6~ Parade

The next day was a special event for the two royal families. They were going to be in a parade to show off Eleanor, the soon to be wife of Louis.

Louis' POV
I was in the his dressing room that was down the hall from my room. My maids were fixing his siut for me. I heard the door open and my mom was stand there.

"Aww, boobear! You look so good!" Her eyes were filled with sweetness and love.

"Mom, first of all, you say that every time and second of all, I told you to stop calling me boobear!" My mom only laughed because she knew she was just gonna keep calling me that.

"So, are you excited to show off Eleanor? I mean, you guys haven't really talked much, what's with that?" She had a genuine look of confusion on her face. Much like mine when she told me that I had to do this stupid marriage to some random princess thing.

"Yeah, I'm just not that interested in her. And I am not excited to show her off. She isn't  mine to show off. We aren't even dating or anything." I didn't lie, really. I don't have any interest in that girl and I didn't want to show her off. I just kinda sorta left out the whole, 'I might be in love with her brother instead' thing.

"Oh, sweetie. You are gonna have to show interest in her at some point, she is your future wife after all." With that, she left the room.

My maids seemed a little tense, so I sent them away. Nicely of course, they are all like second mums to me. Without them, I don't know where I would be.

I sat in the dressing room for a little until I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in!"

"Um, your mum said that you need to come downstairs." Harry looked at his feet while he talked. He looked stunning. He had a black siut on and dress shoes. I looked at his eyes. They seemed dull and sad. There was no sparkle in them at all. It kinda made me sad.

"Okay, I'll be down in a minute."

Harry's POV
He looked stunning. He had a blue siut on and dress shoes. When I finally  met his eyes, I was surprised. The looked dull and sad. There was no happiness in them at all, and that made me sad.

I really like Louis. I want him to be happy, but every time the wedding or marriage is brought up, the light in his eyes leaves completely. I don't think he really wants to marry Eleanor. He is a completely different person when he is around me then when he is with El.

Yesterday was awesome. I loved watching the movie with Louis. He comforted me at the end and that made me think. Maybe he does like me, just a little bit.

Louis' POV
Harry and I ran downstairs and I saw my mum in a light pink dress that was flowy and reached the floor. My and Harry's dad's were in black suits. Harry's mum had a blue dress on that resembled my mum's dress. Eleanor was wearing a big yellow dress. It was so ugly. It didn't look good with her brown eyes.

"You boys ready?" My mum looked at me with a hopeful expression. She probably wanted me to start to like El after this, but that was not gonna happen.

"I guess." I said forcing a smile on my face.

"Then let's go!" My mom cheered and started to walk to the horse and carriage.  We all got in and sat down. I had to sit next to Eleanor, but Harry sat on the other side of me. Our parents sat up front.

I had to hold Eleanor's hand and I put a fake smile on my face. I looked over at Harry and his stare was focused on my that was intertwined with Eleanor's. He looked up and met my eyes. He gave me a weak smile and looked away. My heart fell a little. I think our feelings about each other are mutual. He seems so sad when Eleanor is with us. He is a completely different person when he is around me then when she is around. His eyes also give him away. The was he looks at Eleanor, it almost looks like there is anger, hate, and jealousy in them. When he looked at me, there was happiness and some love in them. I wonder if my eyes give me away as well.

"Louis? Hello?" I snapped out of my trance and I noticed a set of brown eyes looking at me, filled with annoyance.

"What!?" I couldn't help but snap at her.

"The parade is about to start so you need to snap out of your stupid thoughts and pay attention. I don't want the world to think that I am to going to marry an asshole who doesn't like his wife." She scream whispered at me.

I was a bit taken back by what she said.

"I'll stop when you stop being a bitch." I can't help but to snap back at her again. All she does is roll her eyes and look away, plastering a fake smile on her face.

I glance over at Harry. He is glaring at Eleanor. He must have heard what she said because if looks could kill, Eleanor would be stone cold dead.

I faked a smile the whole parade, but I refused to look at Eleanor, or hold her hand, an I scooted away from her every time we turned a corner. I ended up sitting right next to Harry, and Eleanor was very far away from me. People looked a little confused, but I didn't care. I hate Eleanor, and I sure as hell ain't gonna pretend I don't.

When we got back, we all went our separate ways without saying anything to each other, which I was thankful for. I don't need another bitchy lecture about this whole thing.

Harry and I headed up to our room. When we got in there, I sighed and plopped down on my bed.

"Harry?" I say, looking up at the ceiling.

"Yeah?" I glance at him and he is staring out the window.

"Has Eleanor always been a bitch." I ask without thinking. He might love Eleanor. But I am pretty sure he doesn't.

"Yes. She always has been and always will. No doubt about it." He kept looking out the window.

"Great." I say, thinking about haveing to be around her all my life.

"I feel bad for you, really. I would hate to have to marry her. She is only doing this for the power and fame and money. Even though she already has all of those things." He says and rolls his eyes. I guess I was right, he hates his sister.

"I can tell." I still lay there, staring up at the ceiling.

"I have another sister, names Gemma. She moved out to America and is living a normal life now. She was always my favorite sister. She was just like me. Always wanting to get away from the whole royalty thing. We got along really well. She was my best friend. Then she moved to America to finally get away from this awful place." He stared out the window the whole time he talked.

"That sucks. Lottie and I were always best friends. I never really met any other people that I could be friends with, so we were always be there for each other. When she met the Russian guy, I was devastated. I knew right then and there that I would lose her. But you have it way worse. At least I don't have to deal with a bitchy sister. But I kinda get what you're going through. I wish I could move away and never look back. I hate it here." I just kept staring at the ceiling.

"Yeah. I hate being a prince." We both sit in silence for a while after he says this. I can't help but think what it would be like to be able to run away with Harry, and never look back.