Chapter 15: Bitten

Azie's POV

[ 2 days later ]

"I know where we're going." We all snapped our heads in Drake's direction. After half an hour of contemplation, finally someone broke the silence. We've been living off and taking our rest inside the bus and the car for a day not saying anything to each other. I don't even know if all of us got enough time to sleep.

Kasalukuyan muna kaming naka hinto sa gilid ng daan ng masigurong walang naka sunod na infected sa amin.

"Where?" I asked.

"My brother lives not far away from here. He's a part of the State army but suddenly they lost contact of him. I've talked to him three weeks ago and he told me he's been living at the mountain side of this city..." He trailed off and I get what he means. I nodded.

"Well then, we'll make our way towards that mountain where your brother is." No one said anything, might take that silence as yes.

"Lead the way, Drake." That's Gifflet. I glanced at him and mouthed thanks. He just gave me a small smile.

"Be careful guys, we're going back to the busy but now chaotic roads. Someone might jump into the view. You know..." We all climbed back inside our cars and started driving back at the sea side road of the city.

My eyes roamed around it.

To be honest, now that we're back in the city, my anxiety doubled up and I can see my companions felt the same way too.

I stared at the bright sky. I can't believe the city's already in severe wreck just in two days. I don't even think we heard helicopters flying around the sky, police cars or any help after what we've heard on the radio. And yeah, all the lines were cut off last night. No signals or anything.

Feels like they just let everything collapse. They left humanities to die.

I looked in front of me when the bus halted to a stop and Drake up the front did the same thing. All of us stood up and went outside.

"Uhh guys?" I heard Dearil said.

Cars were lined up in front of us making the way hard to cross. No one's alive too. Like this part of the city were already abandoned. Too scary and eerie.

There were still smokes revolving around us, broken cars, disgusting guts of dead people and blood stains all over.

"You've got to be kidding me." Says Helen. I looked at all of them.

"Listen up everyone. Pack your things up because this will be a long walk." I stated. I can almost see how scared and terrified everyone but they still managed to nod their heads and was about to get inside the bus, when Alby started shouting that made everyone panicked.

"What the fuck?!" I said and glared at him. He shouldn't be doing that because he might caught some infected's attention!

"Where are we going to go? And why do we need to follow you huh?" His eyes were burning with rage. Everyone can see it.

"What the fuck Alby? Are you serious? Wanna get us killed?!" 'Di makapaniwalang wika ni Chelsea.

"Calm down man." The boys tried holding him when he shook them off.

"Don't fucking touch me bro." He said to Gifflet. Gifflet stood there silently but I can see that he's controlling his temper. Alby glanced back at me.

I shot him a look, my eyebrows furrowed.

"To the mountains." I replied.

"Oh bitch, it's not like you know we'll be safe there?" He said, giving me a mocking gaze. I balled my fist and strutted towards him.