Chapter 18: Dream

Azie's POV

It was still dark outside when someone woke me up from my sleep. I think I've been only sleeping for an hour.

I groggily looked at the person who's tapping me and can see dr. Bowman.

Wait....

"D-dr. Bowman?" I stared at him wide eyes. He smiled at me then put his finger to his mouth and ushered me to follow him.

I know dr. Bowman is dead. Why is he here standing alive and kicking in front of me?

Nananaginip ba ako?

We left the room I was in and we're walking cautiously on this long gray silent hallway that looks quite more like a tunnel. I roam my eyes around.

Wait. Why am I here? Where am I?

I remember I'm supposed to be on Toby's guest room sleeping with the girls. How the hell I am here?

Bigla akong natigilan sa paglalakad ng mabilis akong hinila sa braso ni dr. Bowman saka kami nag tago sa gilid dahil rinig kong may paparating.

"Shh!" He hushed me and I nodded.

"We can't let the officials have that stuff or it'll be our doom!" I heard someone say. It sounded like a woman. The person is walking and is nearing us. I gulped.

"And now we're nearing to our doom! That fucking traitor took it as well as the vials! And we're still tracking him as well as the subject." I stiffened after hearing another person's voice. Shit. The voice sounds familiar. Where did I hear that?

"We've gotta make our move fast, otherwise the leader will kill us." Dahan dahan akong sumilip sa likod ni dr. Bowman upang makita kung sino man ang dalawang ito.

"I'm going to kill Bowman once I see him." I was about to see their faces when someone shook me.

"Shit!" I blurted opening my eyes. That's it! I was about to see the face! Damnit!

And was that only a dream? What's the meaning of that dream?

"Arrgh!" I throw a pillow on my face and huffed a frustrated sigh.

"Uh.. hey?" I looked at Arius. He's standing awkwardly in front of me while staring at me, his forehead creased.

"What? What are you doing here?" I asked in a low tone. I can see the sun slowly showing in the sky outside the window. I gazed at the bed and saw no one except Arius.

"So the girls were already up and didn't even bother to wake me." I mumble and rolled my eyes.

"I'm guessing if you want a breakfast in bed or something." My brows shot up.

"Seriously?" I asked him as I sat myself on the bed. He took a seat beside me.

"What time is it?" I yawned while he just stared at me.

Now that I know, I'm only dreaming I honestly think I've only slept for an hour or two. Toby's really been bugging my head last night.

"6:05am." He replied. Why is the girls so up early? Even Luna is not here. I scratched my neck and brush my hair using my fingers.

I stared at him.

"Why are you here? What's up?" I repeat.

"Nothing really. Im just..." He left the words hanging.