Chapter 4

Hayden King

She's absolutely perfect. I've only known her for two weeks, but I love her. She may not love me yet but I can wait. I'll wait for her.

"Alpha, I have a few questions about your mate. I'll wait outside your office." Emma, the pack doctor mind-links me.

I sigh and gently pull myself away from Roselyn and immediately regret it. Though Emma has questions and if it's concerning my mate I better get going.

With one last look at my Flower I walk out and head to my office. As I begin to get close, I see Emma leaning against the wall.

"Alpha." She says with a gentle smile. I nod and open the door to my office and let her in.

"Hey Emma, what did you want to talk about?" I quickly ask.

"Well Alpha, I was thinking... it's been two weeks and Roselyn hasn't gone into heat yet."

"Yeah, probably because she's human. What's your point?" I cross my arms and lean against the wall.

"Alpha, heat is so mates'll mate faster. Why would the moon goddess pair you with a human but want all werewolves to mate quickly?" Emma says while flipping through some papers. "Alpha, I have read cases from maybe fifty or so years ago on human mates and the humans went into heat. What if she used a potion to make you think she was you-"

"Shut up Emma! Roselyn is my mate! Mine! Every time I touch her my body feels like a fucking firework! Her smell is addicting! You're trying to tell me my mate is a fucking spy for the rogues? Do I look fucking stupid to you? Roselyn is my mate, no one else and if anyone suggests otherwise they can get ready to get the shit beat out of them. Girl or not." I threaten then leave, slamming the door.

Can humans really go into heat? If they can, and Emma was right I'll feel like shit. It's fine though, no one should suggest what she did... right?

"Right!" My wolf responds, making me roll my eyes.

I head back to my room and lay down next to Roselyn again. I pull her close to me and begin to calm down.

"You're mine Flower." I whisper then fall asleep.

* * *

If you would have told me two weeks ago that Roselyn would have the energy of a pup, I would have laughed in your face and asked what you were smoking. Apparently the mate bond helped her heal.

"Hayden! Can we please make a slip-in-slide that'll go into the lake outside of your house?" She asks again for the nth time.

"No, I already told you Roselyn, you just healed from your injuries and a lot of pack members are around the house- especially unmated male wolves. I don't want them to meet you yet because I feel like you're not ready yet." I tell her like I've told her every other time she's asked.

"Oh come on, if I can handle getting whipped in the back, I can handle meeting some pack members." She argues.

I let out a sigh and lean against the counter, watching her cut watermelon.

"Flower, please I just want to see you safe."

"Cutting this watermelon is more dangerous than the slip-and-slide." I hear her mumble while rolling her eyes.