Chapter 13

Hayden King

Five minutes passed, and her face gave nothing away. I suck in a breath. It can't be that hard to make her fall for me again, right? But then again I'm not even 100 percent sure if she completely fell for me in the first place.

"Come again?" I ask.

Again, a couple of seconds go by before I see the small twitch of her mouth.

"I'm just playing!" She giggles.

Relief floods me, and my whole body relaxes. Not really sure what to do, so I just nervously chuckle. Although I'm angry, her knowing who I am makes it not as bad.

"Never do that again." I sigh out and rest my head on the bed.

"Sorry, I don't think I'd get an opportunity this good." She whispers.

I forgot to mention, over the past couple of weeks while we started getting closer, I found out she likes to pull pranks. My little siblings love to be her partners in crime, and of course that's a bad thing for me.

Just the other day, before the attack, I caught her and Jamie sneaking around my office. Of course at the time I thought nothing of it because just like Jay my wolf I blindingly trust my mate.

Let's just say that at the end of the day I had hot pink dye stuck to my clothes and hair. I'm not sure how they got the dye to explode when I hit the page button on my desk phone, but she managed. I wanted to be mad, but I could only be happy and proud.

"I will most defiantly get you back for that." I whisper, earning the angelic melody of her quiet laugh.

"You say that every time."

"This time I mean it."

"You said that last time. Quit lying to yourself." She jokes.

I just let out a sigh and roll my eyes. "Whatever." I mumble.

Roselyn lets out a tiny giggle. The type of giggle that makes you smile, and makes your day. Anything she does makes my day actually. I love her, and I almost lost her.

That sick fuck almost killed her. Fuck him I'll kill him. No one will ever get remotely close to killing her again. They'll have to get through me first.

"Hayden?" Rose snaps her fingers at me.

"Huh?" I look up at her quickly, "what do you need?"

"Well I'm really thirsty." She nods towards the pitcher of water I am clenching in my hand. I look down and my white fisted knuckles and chuckle. She quickly drinks the cup full of water once I pour it.

She sighs in contempt and lays back while closing her eyes. Seeing her like this again makes the rage spark back in me. I will kill that stupid mutt who did this.

I wait until Rose is asleep before I head out to my office. I hate to leave her, but I have to figure out where this sick person is and how to keep him away from Rose.

"Stay here, don't move, I'll be back Rose." I said as I kissed her forehead.

- - -

Roselyn's POV

When I woke up, I was super foggy. When I saw Hayden over me all worried I wanted to lighten the mood because I know I scared him. So of course I was going to prank him, I mean his siblings and I are having a contest on who can prank him the most. After my surprise today I am now tied with his younger sister Jamie.

I fake slept when Hayden was here because I knew he was dying to get to the office to figure something out. Once he left I took notice to my hand that was burned from the stove had been wrapped, along with an IV in the other hand. There was also sticker things with wires attacked to my chest that attached to the heart monitor.

How long was I out?

To no surprise the hospital was bland. The off white walls with nothing on them. No plants, even though I've heard plants actually help patients stay calm before and after surgeries. There was a TV though, and even though I have 20:20 vision, I do not think I could see what was happening. Like sorry I do not have wolf vision.

Though I've been in human hospitals. I had to go to one when I was young because I had some kind of stomach flu that the pack didn't have medicine for since they never needed it. The hospitals had colourful countertops, scrubs, and whatever you could think of, but why would you need all that when you are able to heal most of your injuries in a day?

It's sad to think I'll probably end up dying here one day. My life span is no where near Hayden's, and I'm his mate. Morgan's parents always said I'd find someone with my life span, and that I shouldn't like the boys from school. Though I've overheard them talk about me and now I'm special. I used to think I had some super power... but Morgan explained that I was special in the head and I kind of makes sense.

Two hours passed and I was bored. I couldn't even call anyone because my phone was still at Hayden's and when I went to watch TV the first thing that came on was porn. I immediately shut it off and threw the remote. If you're going to watch porn in a hospital, at least have the decency to change the channel when you're done.

In the end I decided to go against doctors orders of bed rest and change out of this hospital gown into scrubs. I pulled the needles out of my body, along with the stickers off my chest. When the monitor was making a loud constant beep I panicked trying to unplug it snd ended up tipping it over snd breaking it.

I ran out of the room in my gown, immediately running into someone.

"Uh aren't you supposed to be in bed?" She asked.

"Oh I just signed my discharge papers actually. I just have no clothes to change into, so could I borrow some scrubs?" The lady seemed hesitant, but eventually nodded. It's really easy to get what you want when you're the Alphas mate.

I grinned as I made my way out of the hospital in my white scrubs. Again, bland. Every couple of minutes I'd have a dizzy spell, but I seemed to be fine right after. I had no clue where I was going, but I managed to find myself on a familiar road. The road that lead to Hayden's office. Coincidentally as I passed the building in a crowd of the pack, I saw Hayden driving like a mad man out of his office. He looked pissed off, worried, and frantic. I wonder what was going on? I just get out of the hospital and something already happens?

Oh wait. I escaped from the hospital... nobody knows. Not to forget the mess I made when I was trying to leave with the broken monitor and some blood on the bed from when I ripped the needles out... that defiantly looks like a struggle.

"Oh no."

- - -
AN

Oops? Lol i finally killed my writers block!!! Don't kill me :) iyiyi this is not good, but I swear I'm gonna try and be better!! Love y'all