Chapter 5

Hayden's POV

What in the flying fuck just happened? Pretty sure April just confused the shit out of me but made my mate mad at me or something. I don't even know what the fuck she's mad about!

"I don't know maybe because you pissed her off earlier today and now she thinks you invited April over for supper?"

But she told me she believed me when I said I didn't.

"Maybe she just said that so she could get away from your unobservant ass."

Shut up Jay. Even if you might be slightly right. Fuck.

Okay, so maybe the plan I made for tomorrow will fix it. And if it doesn't I might be absolutely screwed because my dad and Jay are both useless and my mom is trying to take it too far. All they want is pups and I know Roselyn is not ready for that. She doesn't even like holding my hand in front of my family.

* * *

"Did you think about what I told you?" Emma asks.

Did I not tell her to never ask me about that again?

"Emma." I warm and keep walking towards my mates room.

"I'm sorry Hayd-"

"Alpha. It's Alpha to you." I growl out. Is every rule I given flown out of my head?

"Sorry, Alpha. But she hasn't went into heat yet and it's been a week. Don't you think that's a little... odd?"

"Emma! You better stop!"I growl out. If she weren't my best pack doctor she would be on the fucking floor.

"Alpha I just don't want you hurt! She could be dangerous, a spy! She could kill you. I can't-"

"Get the fuck out of my fucking sight!" I command her, using my alpha voice. I can't take this right now.

She bows her head and scurries away, letting me head over to Roselyn. I can smell her scent already... that's kind of unusual. As I get closer, her scent grows stronger; stronger than when I first found her. Not only that when I get to her door I hear groans of pain.

"She's in heat! Emma was wrong like we said!" Said Jay.

I can feel a weight being lifted off my shoulder. As much as I wanted to not believe a word Emma said, it was still in the back of my head. I mean, she's human and it's pretty much unheard of for an Alpha to have a human mate.

"Roselyn?" I say softly while knocking.

"Hayden... what's wrong with me?" With her saying that, I rush into her room to find her with the blankets on the ground, her shirt moved up just below her chest. Maybe coming in here was a bad idea.

"Or a very good one."

Shut up Jay.

"It hurts." She whines. My heart aches for her, she's a human experiencing something that even hurts wolves.

"What hurts baby?" I ask while laying in bed next to her.

"Everything... it burns." She cries out.

What the fuck am I even supposed to do? Check her temperature? Okay, yeah that seems right so I place the back of my hand on her forehead. The last thing I expected was for her to moan.