Chapter 7

Hayden King

This may make me sound like a soft teddy bear but Roselyn is the cutest thing I've ever came across. Though, I feel bad for her. The first day of heat is the easiest, but what she doesn't know for the moment won't hurt her. I'll tell her after her day of fun, but not right now. That's why I planned this because I know the next few days are going to be unbearable for her, and because it's kind of an apology gift thing.

Though Rose may seem cute she also has a goofy attitude and a stubborn attitude. I've barely hung out with her since I met her but I've been dealing with stupid shit like how there was rogues so close to us and we never knew. Though I'm glad we didn't or else I possibly would have never met Rose.

I've also been dealing with April. She's been coming down to my office and pissing me off. Her shirt is almost never covering anything, just her breasts, and her skirts are basically underwear though underwear would cover more.

Rose is swimming with Brielle, Eva, Emma, and Camilla as Camilla and Noah has just shown up. Noah told me he has very important news for me, and I hope it doesn't ruin my good mood. I like being in a good mood around Rose.

"Camilla is pregnant." Noah says as he sits beside me in the sand.

"Oh fuck! Really? Shit when did this happen?" I almost yell as I give Noah a proud hug, no longer than two seconds long though.

"Well we've known for a while actually. It's kind of a rule for people to wait three months before telling."

"I'm your best friend." I state.

"Yes and Camilla would literally rip me apart. She's been quite moody lately." Noah and I chuckle. Camilla would rip him apart even if she wasn't pregnant.

Noah and I chatted about pack stuff after that. Though I wasn't listening, I was watching Rose fall down the ice burg again and again, sometimes on purpose and sometimes slipping. Though each time made me panic until I remembered she had a life jacket on.

I want to spend more time with her, and only her but her only friend seems to want nothing to do with her after finding out everything. I just want her to have a life outside of me... well that's what Camilla suggested anyways. Though Rose's care takers found out about me and they want to come see her, but I'm not too keen on the idea of more rogues being allowed on my land... unless I could recruit them into my pack? Maybe, but once people get ahold of this they'll think I've gone soft or something.

The one thing I am sure of is Rose. She is the one thing that'll always be there, I can feel it.

"Rosie! Come launch me off the launch pad!" Clark, one of my younger brothers yells as my other one, Brett is still in his little hamster ball chasing Jaimie who is swimming up a storm.

Rose grins, climbs up onto the floating trampoline, and then launches my brother into the water but also slips off and into the water.

Today seemed almost perfect!

"Hayden! Care to join me in the water?" 

Ah shit.

"Oh hey April." I say in a monotone voice.

"Heard there's a little dugout party! I thought I'd drop by!" She squeals.

"How considerate of you." I lather the sarcasm as thick as I could. Hopefully she caught on.

"Thanks! Anyways, I think I'm going to take a quick swim. Feel free to join me." She says, slipping off her coverup revealing her yellow two piece.