Chapter 10

Roselyn Evans

We're staying at Alpha Becks pack house for a weekend. The gala is tonight and then the Alpha meeting tomorrow (which Hayden won't let me attend).

Hayden and I are going with Camilla and Dalton. Spencer, the Delta, decided he was going to come but go with himself and some warriors because Hayden made it clear that if I'm not with him this weekend Spencer and the warriors are. I decided it was best not to argue.

I was excited for Hayden to see the dress I got. I was also excited to wear it as it made my tan skin glow. Though it would have looked good if I was pale too. That dress could compliment anyone.

We were leaving for Alpha Becks house right now. We were almost at the car until I began to grow nervous. So nervous I stopped.

Last time is was on a road trip, I almost died. I was taken and whipped. I don't want to do that again.

"Rose, you coming?" Camilla asks.

I look at Camilla, but then my eyes flash to Dalton.

Dalton. He's the one who pulled me out of the car. He was leading the group that eventually get hurt. For all I know he was the wolf that jumped in front of the car.

"Flower." Hayden says softly, setting his hand on my shoulder. I involuntarily yelp and jump away. Hurt flashed in Hayden's eyes.

I hadn't realized I was so affected by the accident. Hayden made me forget about the trauma as if it never happened but it did.

"You're safe my flower, I'll never let anyone or anything hurt you." He reaches out.

I almost grasp for his hand. Almost until I remembered what my family said before Morgan and I left.

"My family said we were going to be fine as well. You don't know what's going to happen! I don't want to get hurt again! I don't want to be on bed rest for two weeks or more because we accidentally drove onto someone else's territory and ended up getting attacked! I... I don't..."

"Roselyn breath." Hayden says in a worried tone.

"I don't want to f-feel like I'm d-dying again. I d-don't want t-to want to die again!" I sob out, collapsing.

I can't seem to suck in a deep breath to calm myself. My sobs are the only thing that's keeping me from suffocating, but each struggled breath hurts my chest.

"Rose you need to breath!" Hayden screams.

"I can't!" I choke out, tears blurring my vision.

"I think she's supposed to breath into a bag or something." I hear Dalton yell at Hayden.

"Then where the flying fuck is the fucking bag?" Roars Hayden.

My vision begins to fill with black dots till I go limp.

* * *

This bed feels weird. Like a chair with a hard pillow. This isn't Hayden's bed.

I groggily open my eyes. I'm in a car, on a road, on the way to Alpha Becks pack... I think.

I glance up at Hayden. He hasn't even realized that I've woken up. He has headphones in and on his phone answering emails from other packs.

I raise my head up off of his shoulder, letting out a groan of pain. My head feels like it was a soccer ball in a werewolf soccer tournament.

"Rose." Hayden whisper yells, ripping his headphones out of his ears. His eyes widen at me and his hands are already holding my face.