Prologue

"Ayat, don't you dare to touch this phone again. You broke our trust. Is it for this day, we brought you up and loved you this much. You are a happy child of a respectable and reasonable family Alhamdulilah, but still you.. How dare you Ayat!"
And a sudden slap paused her hiccups of tears for a moment.
" Mo- mom, Lis- ste-en t-ooo m-ee, I- I. I aaa-gggr--ee i ha- ve do-ne a miss- ttake. No-oooh , oka---hay.. i have an un-forgiva-ble si-n. Bu--t, But---, just gi--vvvee me la--aast cha---ance.. I. - I- pro..prom- mise, I won't ever think of it again!"
She was barely able to speak in her choking breaths and cries.

"Ayat, Be thankful your dad didn't shoot you. You are permissible to continue your college, that's more than enough. Don't talk or demand unnecessary things. Complete your college. Do B.A aur whatever you want and get married. "
Samia ordered her with filling eyes.
Ayat was out of her breaths, because of two hours of continuous crying.

"Mom, please, Don't Do this. I wanna be a doctor. My goal is to be the world's biggest doctor. You know that. You can't abandon or oppress me like this!"
She managed to protest.

"Shut up Ayat. You should have thought that before getting involved in that nasty relation, Astaghfirullah." Samia's tears fell down.
"Once, atleast once, you should have cared about your name."
Ayat sobbed.
"Mom, I agree, i committed a huge sin by talking to a ghair-mehram (Men with whom a girl can marry) but I barely talked to him four times. I have never meet him. I swear. I haven't even seen him properly. He was a bad guy mom. I know. I was about to close this phone conversation forever but you got me and misunderstood everyting. " She clearified it for the twentieth time.

"I'm tired of listening everyting you say Ayat. You are only allowed to go to college. Rest of the time, you'll stay in home, studying. No TV, no Phones, no outings. Just stay in your room or else your brothers and relatives will surely guess what's wrong!"
Saima left.
That one night she wished for the first time, Why Am i still Alive Allah? People who have a bad character like me should die at the very moment. Allah, I broke all the glass walls of my heart. I will never forgive myself. I wish i could die.

***

"Mom I am leaving for England, tomorrow!"

"What's wrong Ibrahim.? You had a flight past two weeks and you're leaving tomorrow!"
Farah got worried.

"Yes, Everyting is fine. I'm just not able to sort out my life right now. So it's better to leave from where you belong!" Ibrahim sighed.

"Ibrahim don't play these philosophy games with me! You don't want to get engaged to Asmara right?"
Farah's eyebrows got stiffed.

"Yeah that too!" He chuckled.

"What's wrong with her? She is a good girl. Yeah i know she is bit spoiled by university and her parents but she likes you and i think you like her too!" Farah patted his shoulder.

"Mom I never said she is a bad girl. It's just I'm not sure that either i could handle this stuff or not. I want to settle first."
He swinged himself on bed, lying.

"So who's saying to marry her tomorrow." Farah sat next to him.

"Maaa--mmmm! Still i disapprove!"
He lifted his neck to meet Farah's eyes.

"You already like someone in England? Gotcha!"
Farah got suspicious.

"Mom! Would you stop. I just got in my first semester. Yes, there are a lot of girls, i mean, they are good and we all share good time in our group. They are my fellows, i respect them but there is no one I like exceptionally or extraordinary ever!" He was bizarre.

"Marriages are never extraordinary, my son! "
A little smile drew on her face.

" Is this you saying that? Who spent an ideal life with dad, ignoring some factors."
He gradually straighten himself next to his mom.

"Look sweetheart. There's nothing extraordinary, by nature! An ordinary yet beautiful girl with an innocent heart is something exceptional. Yes She is. But even with her, things will get ordinary if you, yourself don't work on it to make it extraordinary!"
Farah smiled solacely.

"Now who is being philosophical huh?" He smirked and blew the hair flick on his forehead.

"What's the time?" Farah asked calmly.

"9 past fifteen."

"Idiot. Your flight time?"

"Sometimes i think you are as witty as a smart guy maom!" He laughed.

"Girls can give you a strong competition evenly, young boy!"
He swirled his head in an exaggerated expression.

"Evening at 5"

"I'll drop you !" Farah placed her hand on his hair, warmly caressing.

"Yes Boss!" He hugged her.

Will i ever be able to know what exactly i want? Is this running away from the situations? Why I don't want to face them? Why am i not connected with anyone, anymore now?
his inner demons, again came haunting.