Chapter: 19 -When fire loves water

Because love is the very essence and purpose of life. As Rumi reminds us, it hits everybody, including those who shun love- even those who use the word romantic as a sign of disapproval.
~forty rules of love

~Ayat~

My senses got muffled. These transitions. In both of us. They were gradual but lethal. His protective aura. His ruffled wet set hair. His blues. Let me confess, these are the most enchanting eyes I've ever seen in my life. Combination of blaze and calmness. As far as I came to know him, he is quite understanding, calm and caring when it comes to me. Protective for his family. Loving for his relations. But at the same time, he is unexpressive and mysterious kinda guy so one should know how to handle him. He is sorted in his lifestyle and a discipline lover. Though he never applied these rules for me. I messed everything up always and he enjoyed my antics. I wonder sometimes he seemed unreal to me. Why didn't he get irritate by my nonsensical actions?

He was the dream of every girl in his family so to my thought, all relatives ought to be disappointed with his sudden marriage. Despite of all these praising traits, he had an inner dubiety that was somehow not normal. He was good at hiding but I sensed ambivalence in his eyes. His muddling thoughts which he rarely express, that too unintentionally. His disquiet behaviour is sometimes unbelievable. But this had a reason for sure. The reason which I didn't know clearly. May be his past or something else. But something bothers him.

Lost in his arms, time melted.
He whispered in his settled tone.

"You look suave!"

"Huh?" I flickered my half shut eyes.

"You look hot !"
And I jerked, pushing him back.

"Whaat?" I just couldn't believe my ears.
My cheeks were roasted red till nose.
And he laughed candidly.

"Alright I'm sorry. What I mean is you're looking effortlessly beautiful." He explained in the humblest way.

"Thank you! Not very funny ! You don't look handsome either.!" I was cooling down my roasted cheeks.
His trademark grin wasn't leaving his face.

"Well, we were performing dare for 20 minutes."
He tucked his hands in his white pants.
And I seriously flashed my sight to the wall clock.
since 20 minutes. Seriously?

"aa.. O yeah.. I mean O noh. I have to go downstairs.!" I baffled.

"Hm. Hm. !" He was continuously gazing with a smug look.
This guy!

I dashed out of the door, normalising my heartbeat.
I was about to hit Imaan in my over sped reflexes.

"I'm so sorry Ima.. !"

"No problem red dove !" She giggled and plucked my cheek softly.

Red Dove? Do I look like a red dove right now?

"Ah here we go Aabi ! you win with extra points! " I heard her fervour voice.

These brother-sister duo is something exceptional.
I smiled to myself.

_____________________________

Dinner went good Alhamdulilah. Everybody greeted and welcomed me with their humble prayers apparently except asmaara and her family to which I bother less. My family should be happy with me and that is what all I need.

" Jiya, come on. After so long we cousins had a get together. we're not leaving this easy. Come on movie night or ice cream parlor. Choose one?" Asmaara said out loud.

Guests were almost off to their homes. Only his few cousins were gathered to plan this weekend night.

"Ice cream parlor!" Imaan almost screamed.
"Movie night!" Saif insisted.
"Ice-cream !" Farhan's wife said smilingly. She was the nicest girl among his cousins. I never had a chance to meet her on her wedding due to my fire adventure.