Chapter: 18 -It's Blooming

~Ayat~

He vanished in the grey fog and left my collapsed soul. Warm streaks soaked in my cheeks. I saw every bright green loaf turning dark black. I pressed my hands against my ears, mourning with silent screams......

"Ayat? " A voice broke.
"Ayat! Wake up!" I flashed my eyes open blinking rapidly at him.

"Your alarm is ringing for 15 minutes!" He seemed sleepy.

I was shook too badly. It was a dream. I saw him. But.. he left me. He ...

"Ayat? You okay?" He noticed my sweat beads and pale face.

"Hahh.. ah noh.. fine . I'm just... It was... I had a..."
I wanted to break into tears.

"A bad dream?" I sensed worry in his voice.

I nodded, gulping my salty cries.

"You are having bad dreams almost every night. Right? It's been a week you're mumbling in sleep restlessly and wake up panicking." He sat down beside me.

Do he really ? He observes me. He shouldn't.. This... Is.. Not.. Good for us.
So, there is a Us! right Ayat?
My mind would explode with these inner battles.

"Ayat?" He said, studying my expressions.

"Hm?"

"You should resume your internships or continue studies and..."

"No I'll do job!" I cut him.
His expressions switched.

"Restarting your study was the best option but last decision is all yours !"

His tone was serious.

"I'll manage !" I said meekly.

"No you can't and you won't. It's my responsibility. No further arguments!"

He said firmly, assessing my indirect answer. I was not in a right piece of mind to afflict. I remained silent, half agreeing.

"Let's offer fajar now."  He got up.
I had a dire urge to scream my dream.
Telling him that he left me. Asking him why he left me?

'But what's the problem.? Wasn't I the one who wanted it badly since the day we got married.
Then why is this dream tearing the hell out of me? '

This was a long winter night, no doubt.

               ____________________

                      ~Ibrahim~

She was becoming weak. Her nightmares. This two weeks old relation is still on formal terms. I got busy in my project and she had started her work in the same hospital. Despite of some regular conversations, we got no chance ko talk. She was kind of avoiding me. I thought of giving her some time that would make her stable but I guess I was wrong.
She improved her equation with mum and Imaan.

But us?
I don't know even there's an us?
Or she's just counting days for our divorce.

"Ayat?" I was getting ready for office and she was collecting some files from her side table.

"I'll drop you today!"

"Why?" She stopped.

"Because I will be dropping you off and picking you up, from today!"
Things need to get in tracks now.

"There's no need. I can drive plus timings.... "

"There are no timing issues. We almost leave at 9 and return at 4. Hospital comes in my way to site!"