Chapter 24: -What once was mine

~Ibrahim~

~Ibrahim~

Despite of the fog between us, I wish some moments would stop like of now.
She was not the same whom I left eight months ago.
She got strong but at the same side she got vulnerable. Her lean figure in my arms and tired breaths on my neack. I wish time hadn't hurted us in it's own ways.

"Aabi ?" I covered her with comforter on bed.

"Yes?"

"Why aren't you telling mom and everyone about Ayat's accident?" I walked towards her.

"She'll be fine!" I said with a hidden belief.

"You're sure?" She was worried.
"Yes!"  I wish I was sure.

She nodded and left with a good night.

Shutting the door with a lost thought, I asked myself, ' 'Will I ever be able to get normal with her. With me. With life now?'
We both had suffered somehow, more or less and I don't know how to bring everything back this time?

I turned back and saw her pulling out of the bed in a tiring way.
"Whao ! Where are you going? Do you need something tell me?"
I just stopped her on instant.

"I need to change. These clothes are bit blood stained." She stood up and I was one hundred percent sure she would fall imbalancly.

"Let me help you!" I rushed in words.
"Excuse me!"  Even being half awaken, she stared with wide eyeballs.

"I mean let me help you in choosing your clothes!"
I covered, somehow.

"No problem. I'll manage."  She started walking slowly.

"No it's really not a problem. Let me help you!"
And I walked towards her wardrobe.

Aff. These girls and their combinations and choices.

After twenty minutes of long matching I was able to fetch black soft trouser with white short shirt thankfully.

She changed and got back in bed, meanwhile, about to fall dizzily due to heavy doses of medicine for about thirty times.

I saw her peaceful in  her deep sleep.

This face. She weakens me. This time I was strongly willed to protect my walls from melting but her presence made it impossible, like everytime.

I tucked her raven hair flicks behind her ear, witnessing an era of pain and tiredness on her face.

                     /FLASHBACK/

"Sir but there's a misunderstanding. I didn't have any idea about this. "

"Sorry Mr. Ibrahim Ahmad but these are your signatures. We've verified them. "  David informed me in his cabin.