Chapter: 14 -Tangled

~Ibrahim~

Some feelings make way for the first time. I think I've never felt this fusion of emotions since ages. Like it's new and it's different.
The view of my family sitting together is something like a recharger for me always.
I was upset but I'll handle everything from now on. It's like a huge flip. Ibrahim who was messed up in past blast is suddenly willed up high to sort out future. Weird.
I feel it's a transition. But whatever it is, seem for good.

I sat next to her and our shoulders brushed slightly. It was the moment that our eyes had hit and miss. I've never thought hard about this change and this early, it was pleasing but confusing as well.

"Alright Ibrahim drop Ayat to her home while heading to your site. So she can spend time with her family and could pack her goods as well!"

Mum said smilingly.

I nodded slightly.
"Don't worry Boy! She'll be back!"

Dad said with a wink and I gave him a meaningful look.

I couldn't deny how hard my family is trying their level best to make us feel like a newly wed 'normal' couple. Normal?
Ya right!

/Flashback/

*Yesterday night (when they got married) *

"Ibrahim?" Dad voice echoed while I was sitting deep in my thoughts in lawn.

"Dad! You should have some sleep! It's very late and tomorrow is your meeting!" I said with a sad smile.

"I know but my son is more important than these meetings right?" He sat on the step next to me.

"Thanks Dad!" I looked at him, thanking for many things.

"You don't need to be.."
I cut him.

"Why did you support me in my decision dad? And how did you convince auntie and uncle?"

I want a clear answer of this question that is bothering me since the time dad stood up for me.

"You like her right?"
He didn't even beat the bush and went straight. It was our style of conversation. Both of us were always straight forward with eachother.

"No.. I mean I don't know. It's just... you know ... I didn't want her to suffer the same as mum did. That was the only thing I had in my mind !"

I was trying to confront myself now.

"You know Ibrahim, when you were studying in Cambridge, I was neither unaware of your surroundings nor emotions. I always knew you hated to come back here and I never questioned why because I knew the reason. You were having confusions in your life and I never bothered you for having them.
You were living with your aani and Saif is your best friend. You never told me all of this but I knew. Jahanzeb used to visit your university with haider, convincing you to come back and I knew that too.."

For the first time in my conversation, I was taken aback.

"He always wanted you to do bussiness and join him, I knew that too. So, What does all this mean? .. "
He questioned looking at me smilingly.
I didn't get it.

"This means that your dad was never unaware of you. Even not now. I never interfered because I wanted you to decide for your life, yourself. It is a responsibility of father to stop his children from getting into wrong. I wasn't a typical but I was concious always. I wanted you to make choices of your own for your life. I use to share it with Farah always that he'll never let us down and you never did Ibrahim!
You did what was right and I'm always proud of your choices... "