Chapter 23: -Come Back

~Ayat~

"Look who are here!" Saeed uncle(saif's father) pointed in our direction.

"So now everybody is here. Shall we begin?" Aani blinked at saif.

What are they talking about. My inner monologue questioned me.
Imaan rushed to me squealing in excitement and squeezing my arm.
Alright. I got it.
My red eyes went for him who was already punching saif amusingly.
We are so good hiders of our sorrows when it comes to family's happiness.

"Alright Ahmad, with respect and love I ask Imaan for my son Saif. To be honest, this is was my purpose to come to Pakistan because I've planned the marriage of my precious children on eid, only if it is a yes from your side. and take your time but not too much haan?"
A pin drop silence was held in hall.

If it came to expressions, Ibrahim turned quite serious while saif was all confident. Aani was excited but Farah mum was a bit shocked. Ahmad uncle was amused and Imaan was all in all blushing.
Tick tock on everyone's face when Ahmad uncle broke the ice.

"I'm so sorry but I won't accept your time offer...
Because It's a YES already!"
Ahmad uncle stood up winking at Saif and hugged Saeed uncle.
Jehangir villa was illuminated with cheers and happiness of its residents.

"So, the young guys knew already!" Ahmad uncle gave a look to Ibrahim.

"MAA SHAA ALLAH Ibrahim I and saif were the first one to talk about this on a serious note in England!" Saeed uncle smiled.

"Excuse me, so everyone had the confirmation except me?" Farah auntie complained.

"Stop acting I gave you a hint already!" Aani chuckled.

"Alright people. Only few days are left for eid and there's a bulk of preparations. So.. from tomorrow we'll be shopping!" Farah auntie said a bit worriedly.

"Don't worry half of preparations are already done! Some dress choices and final touches are left!" Aani winked.

So.. Ibrahim already knew about Imaan. But the best thing was, He didn't act like a typical stubborn brother but thought about what's right.

He was hugging Saif and Imaan and I don't know why but I felt water in my eyes again.

"Come on Ayat! Com here betey!" Farah auntie and aani called me together and I ...
I just plastered a smile and went to hug them tight.

Life is unpredictable. A day can be joyous for some and teary for few. This is what life is..

"Come on people. Let's prepare iftaari. !" Aani gestured us.
"Aah. I think I'll not be able to join you all. There's an important meeting with my international client!"
Ibrahim excused.

"But there's no...... " Saif tried to say something but was cut by him.
"There is. You just forgot. Don't worry I'll handle it. Enjoy!"
He squeezed his shoulder and went to main door while everyone's silent gazes followed him.

"What's wrong with him?" Farah auntie mumbled but I heard.
Everything is wrong! With him. With me. With us!

__________________

.Night.

"Ayat?"

"Yes auntiee?"

"Isn't Ibrahim home yet?" She was worried.
"Ahh.. no.. but he'll come before Sehri INN SHAA ALLAH!" I tried to cover with a fake smile.

"Is everything alright between you two?"
She paused.