Books.

Zitao was alone in the empty library. He also enjoyed books. They were like an escape from reality for him. Getting to put himself in a characters life was like forgetting how boring his life could be. He got to feel like he was worth something for once. 

     He sensed the presence eyes burning into his anatomy and looked up from his book. He looked over his shoulder where he felt the pair of eyes. A boy was standing there, looking at him but quickly turned away when they made eye contact. Zitao furrowed his eyebrows and stood up to follow him. He tapped them lightly on the shoulder. The boy winced but turned around, looking at Zitao with wide eyes.

       "Can I help you?" Zitao asked. 

       "I-I'm sorry for staring! You're j-just really pretty! It's very brave of you to wear that... I wish I had that guts to dress like that...." The boy mumbled.

      Zitao was currently wearing a dress that had a white top, black skirt and black suspenders. Zitao's expression softened at the small, obviously younger, boy.

      "Well, I think you could pull it off" Zitao smiled.

     The boy looked at him in shock as his cheeks heated up. 

     "R-Really?" he asked, hopefully.

      Zitao smiled and nodded.

     "What's your name?" Zitao asked.

     "Uhm... Jimin" He muttered.

      Zitao looked at the notebook in Jimin's hand.

     "Can I see your notebook?" He asked.

     Jimin nodded and handed it over. Zitao wrote down his name in the book and handed it back. Jimin smiled up at him.

      "If we can arrange a time and date, I can take you shopping with me and my friends!" Zitao beamed.

      "Uhm... I know that its probably selfish of me but... can I take two of my friends with me?" Jimin asked.

     "Of course" Zitao chuckled. 

       Jimin smiled gratefully at him and thank him about a million times before Zitao had to leave. Zitao went to the park with his book and sighed as he sat on a bench. He resumed the book he was reading not noticing the ball game in front of him. It was all right for now. There weren't any disturbances so far. It was... sort of quiet. Okay, not really, but that didn't bother Zitao at the moment. He suddenly felt something hit his leg hard making him yelp at the contact. He hissed in pain as a bruise formed on his knee which was just hit with a soccer ball. 

     "Oh my god! Zitao!" Someone exclaimed. 

      Zitao looked up to see Kris running toward him followed by some of his other friends. 

     "I'm so sorry! Are you ok?" Kris asked worriedly.

     Zitao whimpered a bit but nodded anyway.

       "I'll just find somewhere else to read" Zitao sighed. 

     Kris apologized and brushed the dirt off of Tao's leg. Tao felt the heat rushing to his face and looked away. Kris then held his hand out for Tao to take. Zitao's eyes flickered up to Kris' face before he took his hand, allowing Kris to help him to his feet. Zitao felt a pain shoot through his leg and yelped again as he lost his balance because of it. He closed his eyes preparing himself for some kind of painful collision with the ground or something but instead felt a strong pair of arms wrap around his thin waist. He looked up seeing none other than Kris, holding him above the ground. 

     "You're in no condition to walk home" Kris stated.

      "But I didn't bring a ca- ah!" Kris cut Tao's sentence short by lifting him bridal style.

      His team pat him on the back letting him know that he should take Tao home. Kris gave them a slight bow and started on his way home.

     "K-Kris-hyung, you don't have to carry me home..." Tao muttered.

      "Yeah, but I want to" Kris retorted. 

     Tao didn't respond for a while.

     "Thank you..." he mumbled

     "No need to thank me, consider it an apology for hitting you in the leg with a soccer ball" Kris stated.

     Zitao chuckled at his response, not realizing the way Kris smiled when he did.

     "So, Tao, what were you reading?" Kris asked.

     Zitao felt an odd feeling in his heart when Kris used his nickname but ignored it to answer Kris' question.

     "I was reading a book called 'The Outsiders'" Zitao informed "I've already read all three books at least 9 times but it's just so good!"

     Kris chuckled at him a bit.

     "I'll have to look into that then..." Kris stated.

     Kris then stopped at their dorm.

     "Here we are, home, sweet, home" Kris huffed.

     He entered the house seeing half of the household in the living while the others were probably upstairs, as usual. The five students on the couch-being Chanyeol, Kai, Sehun, Jongdae and Yixing-all grinned at Kris, seeing him carrying Zitao.

     "Why are you carrying Zitao, Kris-hyung?" Jongdae asked.

     "He hurt his leg" Kris replied.

     "It's just a bruise, Kris-hyung" Zitao huffed.

     "Okay, and?" Kris asked, carrying Zitao up the stairs.

     Zitao rolled his eyes but with a smile. Kris entered Tao and Luhan's room seeing all five of the boys were sat on the floor. They looked at them in shock as Kris sat Zitao on the bed. 

     "Call me if you need anything, okay?" Kris smiled.

     Kris he hands on either side of Tao so he was hovering over the boys lap. Their faces were closer than they realized in that moment.

     "It's okay Kris, go back to your game. I can always ask them if I need anything." Tao assured.

     Kris sighed and nodded, backing away. 

     "I'll see you during dinner I guess..." Kris stated awkwardly, rubbing his nape in the process.

     Zitao giggled and nodded.

     "See you then, Kris-hyung"