Recklessly Spontaneity

"We can't have our wedding in her living room, Cory," Shawn said as firmly as he knew how.

"Why not?" Cory whined.

"Because every important thing in our lives can't happen in your living room," Shawn tried to console his friend.

"Let's see," Cory began. "Engaged. Meeting Maya. Big things right. Then if we count my parents old living room, oh boy do I have a list for you!"

"You're my husband and I love you," Topanga began very seriously. "So I mean this in the nicest way when I say that I will stab you with this fork if you make us sit through that entire list." Topanga held up her little plastic take out fork as if it were a knife.

"Don't get married folks," Cory said, looking fearfully at his wife. "No matter how you love them, they only turn on you."

Shawn couldn't stop himself from bursting out laughing. His chinese take out forgotten, Shawn laughed so hard he wasn't sure if he'd ever breath again.

"I don't think this is Shawn anymore," Cory stated firmly. "He's too... happy."

"It's a little disconcerting, it is true," Topanga replied, seriously. "The twinkle in his eyes shines too brightly."

"I blame her!" Cory exclaimed pointing to Katy, who by now was laughing along with him.

"Happy to take the blame for that," Katy smiled. "And this." Shawn felt her grab his hand, then giggling, she lifted her own and Shawn discovered that his pointer finger was stuck in a chinese finger trap.

"Caught you," Katy grinned at him, and all Shawn could do was gaze back at her.

"Hey!" Cory whined. "Mine didn't come with that." But Shawn wasn't listening. Though his finger was locked with hers, it wasn't what kept him there. She held something much more important of his that he never wanted back, his heart.

"Shawn," Katy whispered, looking up at him.

"Yeah," he replied, the world falling away as he gazed at her brown eyes.

"They left," she smiled.

"Who?" Shawn asked, not really focused on her words as he stared at her face. With one gesture, she indicated what she meant, and Shawn turned to see Cory and Topanga were no long sitting at the table.

"I wonder if he went to find this own finger trap," Shawn mused.

"How long were we looking at each other?" Katy asked, chuckling.

"Long enough to bore them it seems," Shawn answered.

"Katy!" Topanga's voice called to them from down the hall.

"Happy!" Cory's voice added.

"I think he means you," Katy told her fiance.

"I've been called worse," Shawn shrugged as they got up to follow their friends down the hall, his and Katy's fingers still locked together. When they walked into Riley's room, it was to find Maya, Riley, Topanga and Cory sitting in the bay window. He asked what was going on, and Riley informed him that Maya was scared the wedding would fall apart.

"Maya, Shawn and I are blessed to have found each other," Katy told them. "No one's going anywhere."

"How can you be sure?" Maya asked.

"'Cause of this," Katy laughed, as the two of them moved apart to show how their fingers were still locked together.

Shawn thought the whole thing had actually worked out perfectly, but Maya wasn't convinced. "Come on, Maya," Shawn said once Katy had her arms around his once again. "Your mom and I are perfect for each other."