Newlyweds

"In all the surprise wedding excitement we never did plan our honeymoon," Katy told him, grinning from ear to ear. He knew exactly how she felt, for he could not keep a smile off his face while in the company of his wife anymore than she could around him.

"Well actually," Shawn grinned. "I planned that too."

"Oh?"

"How do you feel about Fiji?"

"I'm sensing beaches," Katy grinned, her eyes lighting up in that way she did when her smile was contagious.

"Yes, there are indeed beaches in your future," Shawn told her, reaching a hand up to hold the side of her face as he kissed her.

"I love you," she whispered.

"And good thing too," Shawn smiled. "Or that whole wedding thing was probably a bad idea." She laughed and so did he before pulling her in close to keep kissing her, his hand resting on the small of her back.

"Really Shawny," Cory's voice interrupted them. "There are children about."

"I thought you wanted everything good to happen to me in your living room?" Shawn reminded his friend, moving towards Cory and putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Your honeymoon is the exception," Cory explained.

"But this isn't our honeymoon," Shawn informed him. "It's our wedding reception."

"Yes, but Shawny, there are children about," Cory repeated.

"Don't stop on my account," Maya's voice interrupted them. Shawn turned to see... his daughter? Could he call her that now? He knew he should ask, but then again, maybe it could wait. Best not to overwhelm her all at once.

Shawn was then distracted by his wife kissing him. His wife. Shawn was standing in his best friend's living room kissing his wife. A part of him couldn't quite believe it, and yet the very thought made him smile. He wasn't sure how long they stood there, wrapped in each other, but when they pulled apart, Maya wasn't standing beside them anymore.

"Did we scare away the children?" Shawn laughed.

"Bay window," Cory and Topanga said together.

"Shall we stalk the children to their bedroom, my wife?" Shawn asked, still grinning.

"Certainly husband," Katy giggled at him. It amazed him how giddy just using the word made him feel. It made Shawn want to announce their arrival.

"Hello, my wife," Shawn said to Katy, grinning as they entered Riley's room.

"Hello, my husband," she replied, grinning back at him. Cory tried to copy them, but Topanga very sensibly shut him down. Auggie asked where he was taking her on the honeymoon, and Katy told him. Auggie didn't seem too happy about it when Ava decided she wanted to go to fiji too.

"You ready?" he asked.

"For the rest of my life," Katy replied. Shawn smiled. He so liked the sound of that. There would be time for everything else later. Right now was just about him and Katy. Together they stood up, hand in hand, and moved towards the door.

"Um, am I your daughter now?" Maya asked standing to face them, and asking what he'd hadn't been able to ask before.

"Well," Shawn began turning to look at his wife before adding, "It's how I'd like to think of you. If it's okay."

"That is the most okay thing that's ever happened to me," Maya smiled at him. Shawn hadn't quite realized how worried he'd been about Maya's reply until the relief of her acceptance washed over him. Sure, on some level he'd know she'd have been okay with it, but that was different than hearing her say the words.