3

{LAWRENCE}

"Empress! Emperor! People are evacuating the city!" someone burst into the area, brushing their hair to the side, lip trembling, hands shaking.

Cillian stares at him and nodded. "Where are they heading to?"

"Other towns in England. Majority are heading down the Underground. Some are trying to get to St. Pancreas... Some are at Paddington, Baker Street-"

"Everywhere." Anne states.

He nods with a rush which looked like it may have hurt.

"Thanks for that." Cillian says with his casual tone and the messenger runs off, leaving me with my mother, father and one loved one on the balcony.

I scowl at them, hands clenched in anger. I feel the fire wanting to erupt inside me, ebbing and flowing constantly.

"Erupt."

"Erupt."

"Erupt."

"Erupt."

It keeps singing inside me. My body becomes warm in a nice way and I feel the fire wanting to seep through the gaps of my fingers which are formed into a bare fist.

I broaden my shoulders and I keep my hands fingers wide open as I straighten my arm which has the fire alchemical symbol on.

I feel the orange fire burst out of my hands, baring in mind it's extremely light compared to the things I have lifted in my life.

Same according to Cillian as lifts his hand up and it coils around Anne and him like some kind of telekinetic force is deflecting it carelessly.

He doesn't smile at it baring in mind it's pretty impressive but I get that bad feeling of shock as I realise what he may do.

[ADAM]

I see Cillian's mouth twitch nonchalantly then my sight switches towards Lawrence who looks like she wants to kill them as she roars with anger, fingertips slowly curling, eyebrows creasing. It's like she is becoming a werewolf from one of my books which I once read before I got involved in this mayhem.

I can see her breathing speeding up with antagonism.

Please my love...

Don't get hurt.

I think over and over in my head as she keeps firing baring in mind she should think that it's hopeless.

She is losing.

I run down the stairs, hopping over the crumbling pieces and I run towards Lawrence, pushing her over, causing the sweat-drenching fire to disappear, wind to blast past us by a few inches. She looks up at me and snarls.

"I was so close!" she shouts as she tugs on my jacket, fingers digging into my skin as if she wants to cry but she doesn't. "THEY NEED TO GO!"

"You were gonna die, Lawrence." I plead. "I was gonna lose you. So would Jeanine - yer sister! Would you risk yer Goddamn life because of your selfishness taking over ya?! YA NEED TO SNAP OUTTA THIS!"

Her snarl slowly fades and she looks down and purses her lips. "I can't help it-"

"Ya goin' after us or what?" Cillian spits out at us. He opens his arms out in form of an embrace but extends them to seem like a taunt.

Lawrence attempts to get up but I restrain her. "LET GO OF ME!"

I clutch tighter, pushing back the tears in my eyes. I shake my head and grit my teeth. "No."

Anne and Cillian watches over us and I look up see them smiling. "She's wrecked. She's hopeless. She's worthless-"

"NO SHE AIN'T!" I scream. "SHE IS SOMEONE IN THIS WORLD. SHE AIN'T WRECKED, SHE'S FIXED. SHE AIN'T HOPELESS, SHE'S FULL OF HOPE. SHE AIN'T WORTHLESS... She's special."

{LAWRENCE}

I feel my tears trickle down my face, lip trembling. I have been waiting for someone to say that to me for so long by a loved one. So I remain by Adam's side, resting my head onto his shoulder, wrapping my arms around him, eyes staring at my mother and father.

"I love her. Unlike you two who left her to die in the winter night." he spits out at them.

There was a sound of silence raining down on us.

"You're right, Wilbur Brown." he smirks. "We don't love her. She has the power which we need inside her and as soon as she's dead, we can finally restore the world from its chaos and make it turn over a new leaf."

So... They're planning to destroy the Earth then build it back up? How can they do that if they're nothing to restore if they're the ones who are causing the chaos.

I stare at them, hiding my confusion behind my metaphorical mask of mine and replace it with a snarl - the infamous snarl which everyone I know recognises it when I pull it.

"You ain't..." I remain in the arms of Adam's.

"Why can't we?" he questions.

"People are evacuating. No one will stand by you. No one. This is what happens to tyrants like you." I smirk then their smiles fade from their faces.

"And yeah, I am an unfair, power-hungry leader too - everyone is - but I do not kill to get my own way-"

"You did," Anne says. "You killed Daniel, Steven and soon... us. You almost killed an innocent Lily Taylor - or as you formally know her as 'Lily Elizabeth'..."

I shake my head. "I didn't do it for my own pleasure. Steven's death was by self-defence, Lily's injury was by something weird which caused me to.... explode and the Daniel's was out of sheer anger by his act of betrayal which I now highly regret."

"And all of that connects to something," Cillian states, still: his smile has vanished. "That thing is the spirit wanting to break out; the Lunar Phoenix is wanting to be free. Free from enclosure."

That cannot be true.

The Phoenix is not in me, wanting to break free. If so, I have already tried to tame it. But it will not work.

What happens if it breaks free? Will it cause havoc to the world or will it console another person-

But what disturbs me from thinking is thumps against the doors and they fly open to stand three women: Viola, Toboni and Jeanine... carrying machinery in their hands, ready to fight.