21

(JEANINE)

I hear my sister land with a THUD! and I can't help but call after her YET I didn't do anything apart from watch her flying then falling.

I glance back at Anne and I grab my shotgun, aim it at her chest and I snarl.

As far as I could see, she shown no remorse or intimidation. Only a sly smile ever since she killed Cillian.

"Sorry about your father..." she says, sounding a bit empathetic. "And Adam."

I check back if Lawrence heard anything but she didn't hear... Because she is unconscious.

But she killed Adam?

Why would she kill a nice man like him?
Lawrence's love?

Everyone's friend.

"What's happened to Viola?" I ask, hoping that she is still alive but she remains in silence.

So I storm up closer to her, pointing the barrel at her chest. "WHAT HAPPENED TO HER?!!"

She laughed. "It's a war, Jeanine: haven't you noticed?"

And that sends me over the edge. I hit her with the butt of my gun, roaring in anger and sorrow. "I NEED TO KNOW!!!"

And I don't even notice the doors hissing open and the feminine shout behind me as I keep assaulting Anne.

"Jeanine! Stop!" she yells and then I turn around to see a familiar girl with... Silver hair, eyepatch and passive eyes yet they show confidence.

Toboni.

"Where is Lawrence?" she asks and I point back at the door. She swivels around and dashes towards my sister - hearing the shouts of Toboni trying to wake up Lawrence.

And I know she is alive.

She is the Lunar Phoenix!

Anne marches towards me, hand charged up with this purple light, sparking off her hand and raises her arm upwards and aims it down at me-

BANG!

I look behind me and I see Lawrence standing up with the support of Toboni and... James?

James held the pistol in his hand, staring directly at my devil-like mother. Smoke drifts out of his barrel like what I see in action films; he brings it close to him and blows it gently.

"Go get 'er," he says and Toboni walks along with Lawrence to stand beside me, James behind us.

We face her and smirk. "Game's over, Anne Holloway." Toboni told her, glaring at her with her eye, pupils decreasing its size either by too much light or hatred.

I hoist my shotgun to her chest, not scared as to what will happen but at the moment, I really do not care: I just want her dead.

{LAWRENCE}

I use James as a support as I glare at Anne who just smiles... Then laughs, putting her hands up to the ceiling, arms bent.

"I see... This is an arrest..."

"No. This is victory. We are the Rebellion and we will win this war..." Jeanine scowls.

The scene around me just feels extremely intense as Toboni and Jeanine stand side-by-side, ready to take on my mother.

She gets up and wipes a bit of sweat with the back of her hand which is coated with purple veins, glowing violently.

"Her hands..." I mutter at the bottom of my breath. "Duck!"

Everyone ducks as Anne rises, blasting purple beams of plasma out of her hands, sparking like mad.

"How comes?! She is not a Descendant!" James asks us.

"There's three: The Lunar Phoenix, The Solar Dragon and The Eclipsed Hippogriff... All taken by three alive people..." I say, thinking out loud.

"All named after some astrological pieces in space..." Jeanine states. "So... Anne... No..."

"No what?"

"No because I have the most powerful Descendant to exist!" Anne roars, an evil yet triumphant smile spread across her face. "The Hailey's Wolf!"

What's that?

"The one who created the three famous Descendants... Like Kronos to Zeus, Poseidon and Hades... The Hailey's Wolf is the father to them. Has all of their powers combined into one with a few touches to it. Ever since its children ran from their father, it seeker revenge on them all, hoping not to dominate him. So it chose me so it can continue its quest with a mortal. And you all are going to go now..."

I notice Anne's eyes begin to glow a magenta colour; purple climbing up her neck, to her arms, clawing at her palms and ankles. Her silver dress gets torn by the monstrosity she is... Becoming?
A large purple wolf outline forms around Anne, its head over hers. The body is pretty much 100 times bigger than the actual wolf itself (which is extremely scary for me).

"She must have mastered how to tame it!" Toboni stares up at Anne with fear in her eyes.

"Of course she would! The Descendant itself chose her!" James snaps at her.

Anne move one of her arms, making the wolf slash one of its claws (which is the same height as me) at us. We all back towards the door, scowling directly at the enemy.

"Everyone grab your guns! The wolf is just the projection." Jeanine commands and so we do and we keep firing at her but the bullets just rebound of it.

"How can we take her down?" I ask.

"Descendants..." James tells us. "Toboni, Lawrence, you two go on attack position whilst Jeanine and I will distract."

We nod obediently and we run in separate ways, ready to take down this one heck of a beast.