16

(JEANINE)

I wait alongside Viola who constantly checks on my via eye-contact, Toboni who is waiting alongside Adam and Lawrence's hospital bed; Davy and Lee who are waiting by the entrance with Lily and Candace.

I look down to Viola and she does the same and we look around and sneak a kiss onto our lips. As we depart, we just smile at each other and we stand proud that one is bisexual and one is lesbian.

This is pride.

"Are the clothes going to be too big on her?" I ask my girlfriend.

"If not then I will throw the heart monitor out of the building." she sighs but that's when the door busts open and a girl who I once knew had disappeared and transformed into an even bolder one.

Lawrence walks into the room and she looks like a right badass. Her clad black clothing looks tight around her
yet she seems ever so comfortable.

I feel so happy for my sister.

She stops and admires the room from the plain front, to the left where some soldiers are, the right where Adam and Toboni stand. Then the back where the majority of our militia, Viola and I stand.

"Are we ready to fight?" she asks Viola.

"We need to discuss how we can finally take down your villainous parents." she replies with a bold tone. She moved her long lush brown hair out of her eyes and tucked it behind her ear. "Please, everyone. Follow me to the attic."

And she walks out with everyone following her behind. I managed to squeeze in between the crowd in order to be with Viola, marching down the corridors... Hand in hand...

*

We all surround a steel hexagonal table, blue lines stream up to the centre, causing it to illuminate beautifully. The lights are turned down so the visual hologram can be seen in the central of the table. Everyone surrounds it, leaders such as Viola and James Rexha lean onto the table to make themselves powerful. The blue light brush among the soldiers' faces and reflecting in their eyes.

"Okay. I need everyone to pay attention to me," Viola states. "Whoever thinks that they won't survive, leave the room immediately."

Some crawl out of the room like cowards.

"Okay. So this is here is the whole visual of Central Elizabeth," she indicates it via her hands. "And over to the south, we are currently here." a red blip appears on the map, pulsating to show where we are. "And we need to get to the Shard. Thanks to Nicholas Lynch, he informed all of us the destination of Anne and Cillian. Together, we will divide into groups and you will be armed with special unit weapons which Lily and Candace volunteered to build. The Descendants on the other hand," she looks over to Lawrence, Adam and Toboni. "They happily crafted a unique weapon which allows you to tame your powers. With help of Jeanine, Candace and Lily, the three made this just for you. They gathered the information as to how you wield your powers etcetera." she looked over her shoulder. "Liang, please can you give them to the Descendants."

Liang collects them and hands them to the chosen ones.

"These are gloves!" Adam exclaims.

"Put them on." Viola commands and she already sees that Lawrence has tested it out. Fire flickers from one particular hand, not creating any heat towards any of us...

Candace coded it to harm her opponents!

"Holy shit... This is awesome!" Lawrence admires her weapon. She turns her hand over and the fire clambers across from the palm to the back of it.

"Now try and deactivate it," Lily says, whispering to Candace Mathers that it's working. The fire disappears as like a will-o-the-wisp; forming into a small ball and absorbing itself in to the palm of her hand.

"Perfect!" Viola smiles and I hide a blush. "Now we are going to form the groups.
"Team 1's leader is Nicholas and he will have Jonathan and Davy.
"Team 2's leader is James and he will have Liang and Lee.
"Team 3's leader is me who will have Adam and Toby.
"Team 4's leader is Candace and she will have Lily and Toboni.
"Which leaves Team 5's leader as Lawrence. She will just have Jeanine."

I made eye contact with my sister and she smiles confidently towards me.

"If you don't understand it all, Candace has uploaded them to your clips. Candace, have you done that yet? The plans and teams?"

She gives a blank face towards Viola. "Ummmmm..."

We all stare at her, desperate for an answer.

"I'll do that now..." she scrambles to a computer and starts to transfer Viola's message towards the clips.

Viola sighs. "Okay. Does everyone understand?"

"When does the revolution happen?" Lawrence asks.

"The next lunar eclipse."

"And when's that?"

"Today: October the 21st."