CHAPTER 28: Loyzaga fam

Tristan

To: Jillian ;)

Miss mo 'ko? See you later, babe. Good morning!

Sweet ba? Not really. Just deal with the fact that once you‟re in love, you may sound corny for others but still, you don't give a care of what others would think about you because that's what you feel. It's not about being corny but the reality that you're happy and contented whenever you're with your special someone. 'Nak ng-! Napapa-English tuloy ako.

"Tristan anak, paki-text nga si Tita Agnes mo kung nasaan na sila," Mom told me as she handed me her phone. "Hindi ko na maasikaso kasi kailangan ako sa kusina."

"Sure, Ma. Take your time. Ako na bahala rito."

After sending text message to Tita Agnes which is my Mom's sister, I wandered around the house. Everyone's busy with Cheska‟s 3rd birthday. It's 7 A.M. and she's still asleep. Maybe, she slept late. I remembered, she told me last night how excited she is for this day.

It took me some minutes fixing things in the living room and after ensuring that everything's in order, I headed to the garden. Dad is busy together with the other caterers we rented. Yeah, Dad is here. He arrived three days ago.

"Dad, need some help?" I asked Dad who was busy preparing tables and chairs as well as the buffet table, and scrutinizing every detail of the party.

"Oh, Tristan. Okay na ba sa loob?" Dad asked as he told the catering manager to decorate also the fountain placed at the corner of the garden. Ganyan si Dad. He is very organized in everything. He‟s cool to be with, but when he‟s at work, he‟s serious and strict. Just like Mom, but Mom takes everything on an easy way, no pressure at all.

"Yes. Si Mama pa, she's a kitchen expert," I said as a matter of fact.

"Yeah, no doubt at it," Dad answered and we both laughed.

We were laughing mid-halfway when a van parked outside the gate. They're here! The Gutierrez clan! I went near the van to welcome them. They came right from Ortigas to visit us and be present on this day.

"Lola Lina, kamusta po? I miss you!" I said habang inaalalayan si Lola na bumaba sa van. She hugged me. Nagmano ako sa kanya and kissed her cheek.

"Okay lang ako, apo. Kayo kamusta? Binatang-binata ka na. Si Cheska nasaan?" Lola said as we walked to enter the garden.

"Tulog pa po, 'La. Sobrang excited no‟n. She'll surely hugged you tight kapag nalaman niyang nandito ka."

After I accompany Lola inside, who was with Dad already, I went back to the van and helped Tita Agnes get their things. They're off to here until tomorrow evening.

"Hi, Tita! How was the trip from Ortigas to Batangas?" I asked as wiggled my eyebrows.

"Naku, hijo, what's new? Traffic as always, kahit we left early. Mabuti na lang, good driver 'yang si Tito Dan mo."

"I see. Oh, Tita, pasok na kayo sa loob. So you can rest."

"Si Ate mo nga pala nasaan?"

"Naku, Tita, nasa school pa. Alam niyo naman po 'yun bookworm and a kind of geek. Kahit make up class, complete attendance." Tita Agnes and I laughed. "But don't worry, half-day lang daw po siya today."

"Tito Dan, dito niyo na lang po i-park 'yung van. Occupied po kasi ng tables 'yung garahe."

"Sure, hijo."