Chapter 4

Maybe Tomorrow: Part 1

Best Friends:

Sungah was right. She had invaded his thoughts. She wouldn't leave him alone all night. Ryeowook just rested his head on his pillow and smiled all through the night. Just thinking about her made him smile, making him want to scream and cry out. He wanted to dance like no one was watching. Sing like no one was listening.

Kim Sungah. Just the name alone sounded so beautiful. What would he do when he sees her again? What would they talk about? He wanted to hold her hand again. He wanted her to hug him again. He wanted her to kiss his cheek again. That moment just felt so magical and perfect. She just smiled like it was nothing. Why was she so confident and he had to be so shy?

Just like that, his alarm rang, telling him to get up for school. As he pulled on his uniform, he looked at his face closely in the mirror. Yeah, he guessed deep down he had a cute face. He just wanted to lose weight so it could show more. Did Sungah notice that? That maybe if he put in the effort, he could be attractive?

Ryeowook left his room in a daze, his thoughts still about Sungah. It made him think if this was what she was talking about in her note. She thought about him too, all night she said. Just like how he thought of her. Knowing that she was thinking of him just made him smile again.

"Ryeowook." His mother snapped him out of his thoughts. "Sit down and eat."

He did as he was told and sat down, ready to eat.

"Why do you suddenly want to go to an arts school?" His mother blurted out. He just smiled.

"I want to study music, and continue it into university." He grinned as he ate quickly. His mother smiled in return.

"I thought you had forgotten music. Even your father and I forgot about that talent of yours. What made you decide this all of a sudden?"

"I love music. A friend of mine helped me remember that."

"A friend?" His mother grinned in surprise.

"Yeah. I take the placement test at the end of the week." He stood up and walked to the doorway to put on his shoes.

"If it's what you want." His mother smiled, proud that her son has a dream in mind.

"Thanks, mom. Love you, bye!" He walked out and shut the door. When he turned around he jumped in surprise.

"Hello." Sungah stood there smiling.

"H-Hi." Ryeowook replied, not expecting to see her.

"Have you got an answer yet?" She asked as he tried to get himself together.

"An answer for what?" He asked in confusion.

"You dummy, did you even read the note I gave you?" She smiled at his nervousness.

"Of course I read it." He blushed.

"Well Mr. Red Cheeks, I showed you a poem and I asked you what you think of when you read it. I said I would ask you in the morning, which I am." She pouted.

He definitely remembered the poem. It repeated in his head all night. She said she could only think of him. If possible, his cheeks grew even redder.

"I-I thought of you." He looked at the ground in embarrassment. Why must he be so shy? Sungah smiled brightly.

"Hey. You don't have to hide your face from me." She laughed poking his arm.

"Sorry I-I can't help it." He smiled as he gathered the strength to make eye contact. "Wh-What are you doing here?"