Epilogue

Maybe Tomorrow

Epilogue:

"Come on, hurry up daddy! Don't make me late again!" The young Kim Sungah tugged on her dad's arm.

"What are you thinking about Sungah?" Hannah asked, helping Sungah come back into focus.

"Oh, nothing," Sungah replied.

"MinJi won't play fair." A little boy whined, running up to them.

"How is she not playing fair, Youngmin?" Sungah asked, crossing her arms in amusement.

"She says I'm cheating," Youngmin replied, pouting his lips.

"Well, were you?" Sungah asked.

"No." Youngmin swung his arms back and forth. He bit his lip when Sungah raised an eyebrow. "Maybe a little."

"Then go say you're sorry," Sungah said.

"Don't look at me." Hannah giggled when Youngmin gave her a look. "Do what she says."

"Okay." Youngmin sighed and scurried back to MinJi.

"I swear, he gets more and more like you every day." Hannah took a sip of her latte.

"He's your son." Sungah laughed.

"Still, he's just as stubborn as you." Hannah replied.

"MinJi is so much like Ryeowook, it's unbelievable. Every time I look at her, I see him. She's so lucky to be like him."

Now, MinJi was three, a year younger than Youngmin, Hannah's son. Hannah and SoonYee were a lot of help, whether Ryeowook was around or not.

"How long until Ryeowook gets back?" Hannah asked, sipping more of her coffee.

"He said about two weeks from now," Sungah answered, playing with her fingers on her lap. "I miss him so much. These past two years have been killing me."

"Well, all the guys have to do it sooner or later." Hannah said. She hesitated before speaking again. "Hey, Sungah? You want a croquette?"

Sungah turned her head and saw the stand across from them.

"Sure," Sungah answered.

"Youngmin, come with me!" Hannah called over Youngmin and took his hand, walking off with him. A minute or so passed with nothing but silence. Focused on watching MinJi, she almost didn't even notice when someone tapped her shoulder. She turned around at the contact to see who it was.

"Hello." She saw her precious Ryeowook standing there. He was smiling and holding two croquettes. "May I sit? I bought you one. I thought we could share them together."

"Ryeowookie!" Sungah gasped from surprise and excitement. She immediately stood and threw her arms around him. "I thought you weren't coming back for another two weeks?"

"I wanted to surprise you." Ryeowook smiled sweetly, kissing her.

"Your hair grew back nicely. I haven't seen your natural color since high school." Sungah sat with Ryeowook, and he handed her a croquette. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you, too." Ryeowook smiled sweetly, leaning in and kissing her.

"Daddy!" MinJi ran over at the sight of Ryeowook.

"Hi, princess!" Ryeowook quickly took MinJi into his arms, hugging her tightly. "I've missed my little princess so much."

"I missed you, daddy." MinJi hugged Ryeowook as tightly as her little arms would let her.

"You have your mommy's grip." Ryeowook giggled, making Sungah gently hit his arm. "What? It's true. Remember when you gave birth? Here, MinJi. Share this with me. I need help finishing it."

"Okay, daddy." MinJi took a bite out of the croquette Ryeowook handed to her.

"Good?" Ryeowook asked.

"So good!" MinJi replied.

"Do you want to take a walk?" Sungah asked, standing up and taking a bite out of her croquette.

"Sure, why not?" Ryeowook set MinJi down and held her hand.

"I really did miss you," Sungah said suddenly as MinJi ran off ahead of them.

"You told me already." Ryeowook smiled a little, putting his arm around her.

"I know." Sungah said, "You know I love you, right?"

"Yes, I know." Ryeowook giggled more. "You always tell me."

"Just making sure you know."

"You can let me know as much as you want," Said Ryeowook, "I never get tired of hearing it. I love you, too."

He pulled her closer so he could give her a kiss.

"You want to know something else?" Sungah asked once she pulled away.

"What?" Ryeowook asked. He put his arms around her waist.

"I like a man in a uniform." Sungah giggled, gently patting his chest that was covered by his army uniform.

"Oh, you do?" Ryeowook smirked, holding her tighter.

"Yeah." They were so close their noses were touching. Snaking her arms around his neck, she kissed him again.

"Daddy!" MinJi ran over, making them break their kiss. "Daddy come play!"

"I don't think your mommy can keep up. She's not as young as she used to be." Ryeowook giggled, making Sungah playfully slap his arm.

"You think so?" Sungah pouted and raised an eyebrow.

"Oh no, you better run MinJi! Mommy is fast when she's cute and annoyed!" Ryeowook grabbed MinJi's hand and ran, making Sungah run after them.

"Oh no, you don't!" Sungah laughed as she chased them.

He was wrong. He had always been wrong, about Kim Sungah being just too complicated. Kim Sungah, was actually, not that complicated. Since Sungah was a child, she always wanted a young first love fantasy story to tell. In the end, she got what she wanted.

Even if it didn't go exactly according to plan.