Chapter 25

Maybe Tomorrow

The Truth:

"I'm sorry I have to leave so soon, daddy." Sungah smiled as Ryeowook waited for her by the door. "I'm not going to worry though. You'll be better soon, and then you'll get to visit me all the time."

"Well, you have a plane to catch, so you better get going." Sungah's dad kissed her hand. "Sungah, would you mind waiting outside for a minute? I want to talk to Ryeowook alone. I'll be quick I promise."

Ryeowook couldn't figure out why he was thinking about it. The day Sungah left him. It was a day he didn't want to remember. To make it worse, this time, he was leaving her.

"Are you okay?" Donghae asked as Ryeowook got into the car, slamming the door. "What happened?"

Ryeowook just cried, but no amount of tears would ever explain the pain he felt in his heart.

He answered, his voice sounding shaky and full of regret. "I'm letting her go."

"Do you think you're making the right decision?" Donghae patted his shoulder for comfort. Ryeowook wiped his tears with his fingers, not wanting to cry anymore.

Ryeowook nodded his head, slouching in his seat. "Let's just go home, okay?"

"Okay. Whatever you want." Donghae patted Ryeowook's shoulder again and drove off.

He wanted to go home and hide again. To just be alone and miserable in his room. He just wanted to be alone, it was what he was used to. He was destined to be alone. He had known that for a long time. Sungah she was never meant to be his. That's what hurt the most. 

He gave his heart for nothing.

__

"Jack?" Sungah spoke up as she got into the taxi with him. "I have a question. Please be honest with me."

"What is it?" Jack answered. He gave the taxi driver directions to the hotel.

"Did I use to know Kim Ryeowook?" He was in her thoughts and wouldn't leave. She could only think about him. His precious voice, his handsome face, his sweet words to her. She felt like she had hurt the poor guy.

"Yeah, you did." Jack answered. "He was someone you went to school with."

"Yeah. I remember that. But did I ever see him after that?"

"Not really. He had a creepy crush on you for years, so you shouldn't believe anything that little weirdo says. I know what he was doing. He was trying to use your memory impairment to trick you."

"He was?" Sungah asked.

"Why do you think I kept making him leave? That little bastard is nothing but trouble. I can't wait to get as far away from him as possible."

Funny. To Sungah, she thought Ryeowook seemed like a really sweet and good person. He looked hurt, sad, hopeless as if he had given up. Not once did she feel as if he were a bad person or a creep. It was a weird feeling. She felt a strong need to see him. Being separated from him made her heartache. He wasn't next to her and it hurt. Why? It felt like she was missing her other half. She felt like crying. Kim Ryeowook was a stranger to her, whom she had very few memories of. She knew him, but she didn't at the same time. That alone was enough to make her crazy.

Sungah looked out the taxi window during the drive to the airport. At the next stoplight, she noticed an area of countless stands of street food. Spicy rice cakes, sweet potato sticks, and croquettes. Funny, Kim Ryeowook came to her mind again.

This was her moment of truth. She paid for the croquettes and began to walk over. He was really cute, she felt like she was the only one who really saw that. She saw it every time she stared at him. He was cute, innocent, and obviously shy. He was perfect.