nine

She was in Dortmund.

Christian knew this since he started training two hours ago. It's been bothering him ever since—to know that the girl he's wildly interested in is in the same city as him. He wants to leave the training facility and run over to wherever she is and have that second because honestly—she's all he can think about right now.

And he thinks it's so ridiculous--thinking about anything other than football or soccer during training. But he can't really seem to stop.

It's been bothering all training, causing him to look distracted, have mediocre possession, and falling behind everyone else. Everyone noticed it, especially Felix who knew why he was so out of it today.

He doesn't feel like good old Christian Pulisic. If anything, he felt like the new Christian Pulisic who was an anxious mess.

"You okay, Chris?" Jacob asked, striding over to the American as he slipped his t-shirt on.

Christian nodded hastily, hands sweating profusely as he held his phone, shirtless but still his trainers on. "Y-Y-Yeah. I'm fine. Everything's fine. Are you fine? 'Cause I'm fine."

Jacob looked at him weirdly before looking over to Felix. "What's wrong with him?"

"It's his girl, she's coming over today, and he's freaking out," Felix replied, ruffling Christian's hair. "He's never been with a girl, so he's scared as shit right now."

"Not scared!" Christian corrected. "Just nervous."

Just nervous. You're just nervous, Chris he had told himself over and over but hell, he was scared. He doesn't know the exact reason why, but it's just the feeling of seeing Ellie when it seemed that they would forever remain friends.

While his stomach's churning, Felix and Jacob have the audacity to laugh about him being on the edge of an emotional breakdown. "Aw, Chris—you don't have to be nervous, you know. It's just a girl," Jacob tried to consolidate him, placing a hand on his shoulder. "So that's why he shaved on this particular day. It's for a girl."

"I bet you guys are gonna get together by the time she leaves for Paris again," Felix added, but Christian would say otherwise.

In my dreams.

"Who's his girl again? It's that little American who plays for PSG, right?" Jacob asked, and Christian really had enough of all this talk about Ellie. It just made him even more nervous.

Felix nodded. "Yeah. Chris has met her like, once for thirty minutes."

Best thirty minutes of my life, though. "Can we stop talking about Ellie? It's making me even more nervous," he said, checking his phone. Nothing, yet.

"But Chris—" Felix sat over next to the American, "it helps to face your fears! Talk to me--why are you so scared of seeing Ellie?"

"I'm not scared!" Christian corrected once again, but he knew he was scared.

He was scared as hell. He was scared that everything was going to go wrong and he'd never get that second date, or third date, or even the fourth date.

He really liked Ellie, so he didn't want to mess anything up. But felt like something will happen unexpectedly, and he would have got his hopes up for no reason.

Julian, overhearing the whole commotion from the other side of the dressing room, came over and sat on the other side of Christian. "What's all of this yelling about? All I hear is Felix yelling and screaming about Chris."

"Chris' girl is in Dortmund right now," Jacob explained.

"...And? It's just a girl, calm down," Julian told them off before turning to Christian. "You're gonna do great, kid."