nineteen

If there was one team Christian hated a lot, other than Schalke (which he deemed was a "bad team") and Real Madrid, it would have to be Bayern Munich.

They were the German giants of football, alongside with Dortmund, but they were constantly winning the Bundesliga title year after year, news starts to get old about them winning everything. Not to mention that he also thought that they were a good team simple because they buy their players, Christian wasn't very fond of the team or a lot of people who play for it.

Certainly not after Dortmund's 1-3 loss at Westfalenstadion.

It was a tearful defeat for everyone--the fans, the players, it was just...bad. And being as the starting eleven, Christian could help but feel the same.

He cried in the locker room, and he cried when he got home, too. Just avoiding Felix's gaze as he quickly trotted over to the solitude and comfort of his bedroom before letting it all out.

He fell into the covers of his bed, stripping away his t-shirt and chucking it across the room like he was a baby throwing a temper tantrum. He buried his face into his white pillow and just...shook it all out of his system.

Crying into his pillow, letting it soak up the contents of his tears and his hands grabbing the blanket to throw it over his head, Christian knew a simple loss wasn't much to be upset about.

But this has been going on for a long time now. Borussia Dortmund going from number one in the Bundesliga, dropping down to sixth.

Fucking sixth place.

They're losing to teams they should have easily won 5-0, and they're losing badly to teams they should have tied. Their game isn't as good as their prime anymore—quite honestly, they play like shit.

It just makes Christian so frustrated. So tired of feeling defeat when people were expecting them to come out in triumph, not sorrow.

The feeling keeps him under the covers, face down into the pillows for quite some time. At this point, he's not really surprised by defeat but rather disappointed. He feels the same way the fans must have been feeling for a long time, everything they do seems to not be enough.

He sits up in bed, cheeks still sticky and glossy from all the crying, and grabs his MacBook from his nightstand, taking no time to get on Skype and call Ellie because as Felix said--it's always good to talk about whatever is bothering you. Christian just didn't want to do it with Felix because he knew every words that came out of the German's mouth wouldn't help at all, even though they were both on the same team. It was Felix's way of showing affection to Chris.

"Hi, El--" He paused when he saw Ellie's face on the screen, his eyebrows automatically furrowing in concern. "Are you okay?"

She was crying, or looked like she had been crying. Her eyes were red and puffy, and there was evidence of tears on her cheeks as they shone under whatever light she was under. But nevertheless the circumstances, she managed a meek smile. "Yeah, a little bit."

A little bit? She looked as if she were sobbing, and all Christian wanted to do was to engulf her in his arms and talk about whatever was bothering her.

"What about you?" she continued. "Are you okay? You look like you've been crying and haven't slept in twenty months." She pointed at Christian's current state, in which he looked like a

"Thirty months, but yeah, today wasn't the best," he said, trying to play it cool. "We lost against Bayern today."

Ellie frowned. "We lost against Lyon today...okay, but you go first."