thirteen

"Felix, what are these?"

Christian had barged into the living room, holding a box of condoms, and they're not his, and they weren't there the last time he past by his bedroom. When he went to get his phone, three minutes ago, he had found the box laying on his bed like a sin had been placed there and now he has to throw the whole bed away.

On the other hand, Felix could care less. "They're condoms."

"Yes, they're condoms, but why were they on my bed?"

Felix paused his FIFA match and put the controller down, turning to face Chris as he looked at him, mortified. "You see, here, little Chris, there is something called love and when two people really love each other, sometimes they engage in—"

Freaking out and little bit more mortified than before, Christian huffed. "Okay, but that doesn't explain why these are on my bed." Because last time he checked, he was a pretty innocent human being.

"I got them for you, dumbass."

"Yeah, but why?"

"Well, excuse me trying to promote safe sex in this household, but I'm rooting for you and Ellie. You never know what can happen when she comes over."

Christian paused. "Wait, how do you know she's coming over?"

"I'm like a witch—I know everything." Ha, ha. "You told me last night before you passed out on your bed."

Ellie was coming over today—well, that's all Chris wanted for his birthday today.

He didn't want a huge birthday party or an out of hand adventure—honestly, he's pretty exhausted from the match yesterday that he doesn't really feel like going out. Even if it was his birthday. The greatest birthday gift anyone could gift him was a huge pepperoni pizza with extra cheese. He's never one to turn down food, so he ordered it about twenty minutes ago.

To have pizza, his birthday, and Ellie all the same day is merely a dream come true for the American. There's nothing he wants more than to have Ellie in his embrace while watching Parks and Rec on his (actually, his sister's) Netflix.

But he doesn't want condoms on his bed.

He placed the box on the counter. "I don't want these."

"Not like you have a choice anyways," Felix shrugged. Was he always his stubborn and stupid? "You're gonna need them some day, and then you're gonna thank me because I know you don't want to be a teen dad."

Annoyed, he gave him a death glare. "Wow, thanks, Felix."

"Don't mention it." Oh believe me, I will never mention this ever again. Condoms? Really? "And because it's your birthday," he stood up to power the Playsation 4 off, "I'll leave you too alone for the day. I'm going out with Hannah."

Christian's ears perked up. "Really?"

"Yes, really." Sarcasm. "So, when's she coming?"

He pulled out his phone to check is there was anything. Nothing. But then again, this was Ellie, and she was full surprises, so he might as well hope for the best. "I don't know. She said she should be coming around eleven."

It was 10:37, so he didn't really think he should get his hopes up high. What he should be thinking about is what he's going to do when she gets here because he honestly has no idea. Never had a girl over to his house back in Hershey, and whenever there were girls in his house it was because of Deedee, and they were always in her room.

He figured he might find a way, somehow. After all, they were going to be cooped up at his place the entire time, so you can't really go wrong with using his sister's Netflix and playing FIFA all day.