Prologue

Elena's P.O.V:

It's been 4 months...

4 fucking months since the night of the incident.

I haven't been able to sleep or eat.

I try to sleep but every time I close my eyes the image pops into my head.

The image of Logan getting hit...

The blood...

His lifeless body in my arms.

It was all my fault...

I've also been really distant...

Brendan and Layla are always trying to make me go out but I always manage to get out of it.. Evan always comes over and tries to give me company. I guess he's been really lonely...

Kong has been so sad lately... He can tell something is wrong... He's been crying a lot lately, maybe because he misses Logan.

Everyday I go to work, come home and then go to the hospital. There his lifeless body lays. He's in coma. He can't breathe on his own. I read to him and talk to him, even though I know I'm not going to get a reply back.

I'm turning seventeen in a week. I should be happy...

I know Layla and Brendan are planning something but all I can think of is... My birthday without Logan.

All I want is his arms around me... His safe presence, his warmth, his love.

But I can't have that... and it's all my fault.

"El?" I heard a voice behind me say. It was George.

"Oh hey George" I replied. He came and sat beside me.

"How you been?" he asked and then realized what he just asked. He hugged em and I began to cry. I haven't talked to George since the incident. The only people I talked to are Layla, Brendan, Evan and my boss.

"It's not your fault El... you need to forgive yourself and move past this" George said after a while.

"Bu-" he cut me off...

"El.... It's been four months... You need to move past this... We are all hurting and trying to deal with this, but you aren't going to be able to until you forgive yourself... How about we go get some ice cream?" He said. Without letting me reply he grabbed my hand and dragged me outside.

"AHHHH the light" I groaned.

"What re you? A vampire?" he said and then laughed.

We arrived at the ice cream shop and George ordered for us.

"Can I get two cookies and cream.... in cones"

We got out ice cream, sat down, and ate. We sat there for hours and just talked. It felt like things were actually getting better.

As we were talking, my phone rang. It was Layla.

"He-"

"Come to the hospital... Now!"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey! I hope you guys enjoyed this.

Chapters for this will be coming out every Saturday.

Till then Bye!