17: So how was it?

I wake up the following morning with Dominic's shirt on and just his shirt on. I stare at the ceiling and think about the events of last night. It wasn't a dream, right? I shift my hips and feel slightly sore. Nope definitely not a dream. Well, it was a dream come true. I look over at my and find him sleeping.

"Dominic," I whisper as I inch closer to his ear.

"Hm?" He doesn't even bother opening his eyes.

"It's time to get up." I admire his relaxed face.

"No it's not," he insists, "it's Saturday. I can sleep in."

"Dominic." I put my hand on his chest and slowly slide it down to his stomach. He grins and tucks his hands behind his head.

"Keep going," he encourages in his deep, sleepy voice. I contemplate it before deciding that's not how I want to start my day. I lightly slap his stomach instead and he emits a loud groan. I crawl over him to get off my bed and he extends his limbs as far as they'll go.

"Come on. We go home today." I rummage through my drawers for some comfortable bottoms.

"I was having the best dream," he mumbles when he opens his eyes, which immediately fall on me as I'm pulling up my leggings. The grin that falls on his face immediately transfers to mine. "So it wasn't a dream."

I don't bother repressing the smile and instead reach down to grab his sweatpants. "Come on, get up." I throw them at him and they land on his chest.

"I want to go to sleep." What a whiner.

"No, you have to get up. We still have to eat and pack your car." He finally heaves himself up and out of bed. I admire his physique as he slowly pulls on his clothes.

"I kind of need my shirt back." I smirk at him and judging by the look on his face, he knows that this shirt is now mine.

"You're not getting this one back. I can give you a different one." I have a small collection of his clothes here, all of which are mine. I let him use them when he needs them as long as he promises to give them back.

"I just wanted to see you take it off," he teases as I toss one of the only shirts in my dresser at him. I have to leave his clothes here so my father doesn't see them and get suspicious.

"Not happening," I remark once he catches the shirt and tugs it on.

"Fair enough, it looks better on you anyway, as do all my clothes." This only earns more blushing from me.

"You have to go put your bags in the car. Then we'll get breakfast on the way back, on me."

"I only accept cash payments, honey." He offers me a wink and I laugh loudly and hand him his hoodie.

"Go." He matches the happy smile on my face and I jerk my neck a little to ask why he's still here.

"I'm going." He opens the door but remains in his spot. For a few more seconds, we stare at each other with his goofy grins on our faces.

"Why aren't you gone already?" He rolls his eyes before stepping into the hallway, leaving me to get ready for the day.

+++

It isn't until we're in the car parked at McDonald's with breakfast that Dominic brings up last night. "So..." I glance at him as I eat my wrap.

"So?" Now I'm a little nervous.

"How was it?" he prompts the conversation and I squint at him.

"You're seriously asking me that?" Is he seriously asking me that?