24: Date

Click the link to the side and admire a cover that @-destiel- made for me :D She doesn't make covers by request but I really liked this one so I figured I'd show it off to y'all. 

"Are you going to talk to him?" Kat presses as we sit in the dining hall. Dominic, West, and Jack are a couple tables over and they're speaking a little over regular volume. I glance at them and offer Kat a shrug.

"I'm not going to be the first one to speak to him." It's stubborn and it's stupid but I reached out twice and I got no response.

"Now you're just being petty," she responds with a sigh.

"He's already gone five days without talking to me. He clearly doesn't care anymore," I inform her.

"He's probably over there thinking the same thing about you," she mutters. "I know you say you did nothing wrong but I think you really hurt his feelings. You made it clear that you don't tell him everything and then you ditched him for Eli." I push my food away and sniffle a bit. She's not wrong.

"He hurt me, too," I remind her as I sink further down into my seat. He was being hypocritical and basically called me a slut after being the one to encourage me to go out and experience life.

"Talking to him is the first step in getting over that." She looks at her phone and sighs. "I'm going to be late for class again."

"You can go; I'll clean this up," I encourage. She smiles at me before it transforms into a pointed look. She discreetly points in Dominic's direction as she stands.

"I mean it Nova, talk to him." I roll my eyes and clean up the remnants of our early dinner. I suddenly wish she didn't have class at 5 so I'd have someone to hang out with. I already hung out with Eli twice this week; I don't want to monopolize his time. As I'm throwing away the trash, I see the guys leaving. I decide to swallow my pride and follow them out, putting a couple meters of distance between us.

I think about what I'm going to say as I walk behind them. West parts ways with the other two and heads in the direction of the library, leaving only Dominic and Jack. I continue to trail them as they walk to their dorm. We slowly approach my building and I look around for a rock. I find one and toss it around in my hands a bit. I aim and throw it, maybe a little too hard, in their general direction. It soars past Dominic's head and he turns around with an aggressive expression plastered on his face. Maybe that wasn't a good idea. His annoyance drops quickly when his eyes land on me. I cross my arms and come to a complete stop. He looks at Jack, who nods and continues walking. Slowly, he approaches me.

"So how long did you plan on not talking to me?" I mutter when he stops a few feet away.

"As long as it took for you to talk to me." I narrow my eyes at him and he sighs. "If you didn't say anything by Friday, I was going to talk to you."

I let out a quiet huff as I assess him. I hate myself for caving. Any anger I ever feel for him dissipates the longer I'm away from him; it just turns to me missing him. "Oh."

His face falls flat when he realizes I'm not going to say anything else. He sighs and tucks his hands into his pockets. "You know, we wouldn't even need to be having this conversation if you had just stayed in the car," he explains with a slight attitude.

"We wouldn't have even started this argument if you hadn't been a hypocrite and called me a slut," I mumble as I stare at the ground.

"I didn't mean it, Nova. You know I didn't mean that. I just meant that you liking him didn't make a difference in what you did with him. So you saying you didn't like him wasn't a good enough argument for me to believe that you wouldn't let him hurt you again," he informs me. "And if you would've just stayed in the car on Friday, we could've talked this out. But instead, you chose Eli."