Dominic's Perspective: Chapter 15

Wow i love you guys but I also hate you guys. I should've known yall would choose the chapters with sexual content. Thanks for making me relive it. It's not like I cringed hard enough the first time around.

ALSO my other book (that was on hiatus), The Perfect Balance, is currently back and being updated on a more regular basis; so go check that out. Also, once I get covers from those that said they'd make them for me, I will publish my next book. If you're interested in submitting a cover, PM me :) 

Dominic's Perspective: Chapter 15

Sometimes I feel stuck inside my own mind. I glance at my phone and huff noisily, which draws Jack's attention. "What? Is Nova with Eli?" he wonders aloud. I sigh and shake my head.

"Kat," I correct, which gets a nod from him.

"You've been upset all week. What happened?" he asks, which earns a head shake from me. I can't tell him what happened. But I don't feel like lying. I actually don't even know what happened really. "Dude, you can tell me."

I open my mouth and sigh. "She called me over last week...to kiss her," I start, which earns a raised brow from Jack.

"And?" he replies.

"And it didn't happen or else I wouldn't be upset," I retort as if the answer is obvious.

"Well, what happened?" he continues to question me.

"I got there and as I was getting off the elevator, her roommate was walking into the room," I explain. "Nova said she had no idea she was there."

"So? What? Did she reschedule?" Jack questions.

"It wasn't a doctors appointment, Jack," I retort.

"Not a doctor's..." he trails before shrugging. "Did you ask her about it?"

"Yeah, we talked about it and it was all a joke," I explain. "She said she didn't mean it."

"Ouch," Jack frowns at me.

"Yeah, I know. Ouch," I reiterate. I stand up from my desk and sigh again. "Whatever. I'm going to go take a shower."

For the rest of the night, I huff and sigh occasionally as I switch between activities. I text my friends and check social media and then I watch television on my laptop. I stare at my phone, waiting for Nova to text me. I wish I didn't like her so much sometimes. The friendship would probably be a lot easier to deal with if I didn't. The guys say that I'm whipped and it's gotten to the point where I don't even argue against it anymore. I know I am.

I lay in bed, stare at the ceiling, and think about how stupid I am for running to Nova last time. That was so out of character for her. Why would she want to kiss me? She's showed no signs of being attracted to me. What I should've done was brought a thermometer to check to see if she was sick. I'm so lost in my own thoughts that I jump a foot into the air when my phone rings from beside me. Nova. I quickly answer and compose myself.

"How was your milkshake with Kat?" I prompt, hoping she asks to hang out tonight. I'm bored and am in dire need of someone to hang out with. And by someone, I mean her. Maybe she'll ask me to sleepover. Or maybe I'll just invite myself over. She never seems to mind.

"It was good," she explains. "We talked about a lot of stuff that I needed to get off my chest." I perk up a bit. Stuff she needs to get off of her chest? What's that supposed to mean?

"Stuff that you can't talk to me about?" I question.

"Precisely," she answers in short, which leaves me with more things to lay in bed thinking about at this time of night.