Chapter 2

Song: Cannonball by Little Mix
_________________________

He looked handsome, like always. Magnificent and beautiful as he listened to the reporter. His hazel eyes, that I fell so deeply in love with staring intently at the person in front of him. His face contorted in concentration as he answered the question.

I wondered how he was doing? How was his life going? Was he happy? And did he remember me?

"Isn't that your hot ex?" Said Leigh from beside me.

Leigh knew about my past, and I knew about her's. As our friendship grew we learned to trust each other. It was nice to have someone who I could share personal things with.

My eyes lingered on Carter, his hair not in the rough state they usually were.

"Yea, its him" I replied, finally shifting my eyes away from the screen.

"You never told me he was a ceo of one of the biggest conpanies in the world"

"I...I didn't know myself, he must have taken up his dad's position" I replied, stirring my coffee so the sugar can dissolve.

"Anyways, would you like to drink some coffee? My treat." I said looking at Leigh woth a smile.

"Um..not really but if your using it as a way to to change topics, of course"

I shook my head on her words and motioned the waiter to come.

"One more cup" I said handing him the money.

....................................

I erased the paragraph I had written for a second time now, irritated because I couldn't focus on my work. I leaned back against my chair and closed my eyes.

The image of Carter from before invaded my mind, strong and sharp. I opened my eyes and sat up straight, refusing to think about him. Refusing to acknowledge that it was because of him that I couldn't focus on my work.

It had been long since I last saw Carter, to be exact, three and a half years. The last time I saw him was at Drake and Ally's wedding. We didn't talk, not even a hello or nod. Just stolen glances from across the hall.

It was hard seeing him then, he was still fresh in my memory. A year and a half was not enough for me to forget him, to move on. He looked as breath taking then as he looked now.

I hadn't contacted him since I left. I called him once few months after I shifted to Canada, a call purely out of sheer desperation. I remember missing him became too much for me and in the middle of the night I dialed his number in hopes that maybe everything will be okay again.

He didn't pick up, neither did he call back. I deleted his number after that so I wouldn't embarrass myself by calling him again. I wonder if I call him today, will he pick up?

A part of me still resented him. How he was able to move on so quickly, forget me completely like I was never there. Like we never happened. Something that was so difficult for me to do.

I shook my head and sighed. Carter was a distant memory now and I can't go for a walk down that lane. What if it becomes too much again?

My thoughts shifted to Ally now. It has been years since I talked to her too. We didn't patch up as we should have before I left for Canada. But she did come to the airport to see me off and she remained in contact after. I was glad she invited me to her wedding and I made sure I was there for her big day.

But meeting her again made me realize that things had changed, distance has made its way between us. After her wedding we lost contact too, busy in our lifes that didn't include the other.