Chapter 22

Song: Been Through - EXO
______________________________

"You are going to be my girlfriend"

I dropped the fork I was using to eat salad back in the container. My head slowly twisting to Blake standing on the right side.

What the absolute hell did he just say?

I was in the cafeteria, it was break time and since I had a heavy breakfast I didn't felt like eating much.

Blake had come out of nowhere and was now looking at me with a serious expression on his face. He pulled back the chair next to me and sat in it facing my direction.

"Not funny" I said rolling my eyes, picking my fork back again.

"Do I look like I am joking?" He asked.

I stared back at his face, no hint of a smirk or twitching. Was he really not joking?

"Then have you lost your mind?" I said.

I was convinced that this was either a set up or joke. Blake asked me to be his girlfriend like he was giving a statement about the printing machine. Besides this isn't even how you ask someone out. I wonder if Blake ever had a girlfriend. It would have been difficult to find one with the kind of attitude he has.

An annoyed look appeared on his face.

"I don't want you to be my "girlfriend" girlfriend, that is disgusting. I just want you to pretend to be my girlfriend for one night." He replied, using his hands to describe his real meaning.

What is wrong with him?

"Honestly, what is wrong with you?" I huffed, voicing my thoughts.

His words didn't make any sense, he was definitely toying with me to get a good laugh. I started packing my salad, deciding to leave before things get more ridiculous.

"Eva, I am serious. I need your help." He whined, resting his head on the table.

"What?" I asked, curious and surprise by his sudden change in tone.

He didn't reply to me for a few moments. Then sitting up straight he sighed, closing his eyes to compose himself. Was he actually serious?

"I have to go to this official gathering. And I need a date. Althought it would be great to have anyone besides you, I don't have time or energy to find someone else. So please help me out here." he said looking at me, hope in his eyes as if I would agree to him just like that.

"First of all Mr Blake, you need to start respecting me if you want me to give you favours. Second of all, I'm not doing that- whatever this is"

"But why?" He whined throwing his head back like a kid.

"Because I don't know what this is about. I can't be your pretend girlfriend and go out to a night event just like that. I don't know the details-"

"Okay, I'll brief you in on the necessary stuff" started Blake, cutting me off.

I gave him a look, making him realize his rudeness. He muttered a quite sorry, casting his eyes away from me. My eyebrows shot up in surprise. This was a first, Blake saying sorry for his rudeness. It must be important if he is trying to be this decent towards me.

Quite interesting indeed.

"My dad was a businessman before he died. This event is organized by a businessman who used to be his friend. He invited me and I have to go. All the people there know who's son I am, so I have to make an impression. I can't make them think that I'm a loser who sleeps in the park, the quite opposite of my dad" he said in one go, as if trying to be finished with it as quickly as possible.