Chapter 13

Always, I'll care - Jeremy Zucker
________________________________

I opened the front door and rushed out the moment I heard the car, mom following right behind me. It was six in the morning and the sky was covered with clouds. The weather perfect like a picture. Like a family

I stepped on the driveway but before I could see anyone or do anything three bodies collided into me. The familiarity of it made me light, like all the troubles of mine had evaporated in the air. A smile stretched on my face.

I had missed this. I had missed them.

"EVAAAA" Squealed Millie hugging my legs.

"I missed you a lot" whispered Alex in my ear.

Daniel just silently hugged me, tighter than the rest.

"Its good to see you all" I said, closing my eyes to take in all of the moment.

I felt so happy to see them again. Never have I been away from them this long before and I have never missed them like this before either. To have them in my arms right now felt amazing.

"Is no one going to hug me?" Came our mother's voice from behind us.

Mom had woken up earlier than even me, waiting for the rest of her children to arrive. She couldn't wait, watching the clock every five seconds. The kids rushed from me to her, hugged her tighter than ever and bombarding her with questions. I could see the concern in Alex and Daniel's eyes but mom was radiating. She was the happiest person here.

I couldn't stop looking at them but I didn't step in their small shell either. It looked like they were in a bubble of their own and I wanted to protect it with all my life.

Millie was wearing her favorite red dress and the twins looked taller than before. I must have missed so many moments in the past weeks.

"And what about me?" Came another voice.

I froze in my spot not believing my ears. It can't be, there is absolutely no way. After a moment of bewilderment, I spin around on my heels to see Leigh standing in the driveway wearing a yellow shirt and white trousers. A smirk on her face as she took my reaction in.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I whispered, my eyes wide open as I stared at her.

She really can't be here.

"Oh really? That's all you have to say? I thought you'd at least rush over to me and-"

I didn't let her complete her sentence. I rushed over and engulfed her in a hug. She really was here, I couldn't believe it.

"Oh God- I am so happy to see you!!!" I said, my arms wrapped around her in a tight embrace.

"Me too Eva, me too" she replied, hugging me back.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming?"

"I wanted to surprise you, duh" she chuckled.

It took us a few more minutes to finally break away from each other. A smile gracing both of our faces.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, confused to see her here although extremely happy.

"I missed you and wanted to see you. Then I heard that the kids were coming, so I decided to come along" she said casually. "Besides I thought I could be of help"

My heart swell up at her words.

"Thank you for this but you really didn't have to-"

"I also wanted to get a break from work. Constant office screaming was becoming to much for me. This is my holiday and not everything is about you. Now, will you please introduce me to your mom?" She cut me off, looking over to where mom, Millie and the twins were standing.