Chapter 25

Songs: Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran ft Khalid
Hello - EXO's CHEN
________________________________

Carter's eyes widened just like mine. Surprise displayed on his face, he had not expected to see me here. His body turned rigid and his eyes were stuck on me like he couldn't look away.

Neither could I.

I had not expected to see him here either but now as I thought about it, I should have. He was one of the biggest businessman in the area, of course he would be invited to a party like this. Henry was too, he didn't come to care for mom instead.

Panic started filling in me. I should have never agreed to this. I cannot believe I let Blake drag me here tonight. Now I have to spend the whole night on my toes because Carter William was in the same room as I was.

"The William family!! Its so good to see you all" exclaimed Mr Boseman stepping forward and hugging Mr William. "Thankyou so much for coming"

Both Carter and I snapped out of our trance and looked away from each other. He stepped forward to meet with the hosts as I turned to look anywhere but him. Trying to find an escape route so I could leave.

In the midst of looking around my eyes stopped at Kaisey. She was already looking at me skepctically. I didn't know what to make out of her gaze so I shifted mine away.

"It'll be fine. Just let me handle it" whispered Blake from behind me and I felt like murdering him.

He is the reason why I am in this situation in the first place.
Looking back at him I gave Blake the deadliest glare I could. He just stared back at me with a bored expression. I could hear him say 'Relax Eva, you are making a big deal out of nothing' in my head.

"Kaisey! My dear! I'm so glad you came." I Heard Mr Boseman say.

Looking away from Blake I turned to look back at Kaisey and saw her hugging Mrs Boseman.

Did they know her too? How? As Carter's girlfriend? My chest filled up with sudden fire. He never introduced me to anyone.

"I'm glad to see you too. Its been a long time since we last met." She replied smiling at the hosts as she stepped back from the hug.

Her eyes flickered over to me again and the smile she was wearing dropped a little. I could see the confusion on her face, the question why I was here bothering her.

"Where are you parents?" Asked Mrs Boseman, totally unaware of the tension in the air.

"Dad will be coming over a little later. Mom is out of town to visit grandma" she replied, stretching her smile back on.

Then it suddenly dawned on me. Kaisey's father was also a businessman. A dinner like this was how she first met Carter. I remembered her telling about it during our staff dinner.

I could feel Carter's eyes on me but I refused to look back. I didn't know how I would react after seeing him. Why does every situation I am in turns into a problem?

"Eva I'm surprised to see you here, how have you been." Said Mrs William, moving towards me.

Smiling at her warm greeting I hugged her lightly.

"I'm good. How are you?" I replied as all the eyes turned towards me.

I didn't hear what she said, too concious of all the attention on me. My mind was becoming clouded as I tried to keep myself together.

After greeting Mrs William I turned to Mr William who gave me a nod accompanied with a small smile. We never really interacted when I was dating Carter, he would always be away for work and rarely came back home. I was even surprised he remembered me.