April Fool's Day (Husband/Wife reader)

Quick note: Misaka and you, the readers, are adults and married. Please enjoy! 😊
________________________________________
Misaka's POV

In the night sky of spring, I looked up to the lighten cherry blossoms. I pulled my red plaided scarf up to my face after I let an exhale. It was pleasant night.
I heard my phone let out a ribbit sound, I pulled my Gekota cellphone out and it has a text message from (N/n), I opened the text and it read:

"Aah! Miko-chan! Help me!"

I let out a quick giggle from (N/n)'s message.

(N/n) is a nickname for (Y/n) (L/n). (He/She) is my (husband/wife) for almost a year now. We met during the time where I was eating with my friends in a cafe/bar. (N/n) was a waiter during that time, (he/she) talked to all of us whenever (he/she) gets the chance to serve us. It started from chatting at the cafe to hanging out with us. Though...When (N/n) and I were alone, (he/she) would get nervous and blushing lightly; at the time, I didn't realized (he/she) liked me..Like... "like like"..Love..
However, throughout time, I felt the same with (N/n).

I texted (N/n) back, "I'm on my way." Closing my phone and I headed back home.

*At an apartment*

I opened the door which revealed a cleaned wooden oak floor, white walls with simple lanterns, and...A Gekota with a apron and (N/n)'s phone—on the floor. I walked to the Gekota then at (N/n)'s phone with the recent message.

"I..I turned into a Gekota..."

I placed my right hand over my mouth, to cover my outburst of laughter, while petting the Gekota's head with my left head. I went through all of the rooms, calling out (N/n), but (he/she) wasn't anywhere..
Not in the bedroom, the bathroom, the toilet, not even my workspace...

I went back to the living room, gazing around. I gotten a little worried...(N/n) normally doesn't leave (his/her) phone behind...I looked back at the Gekota...I didn't want to confirm it but..I'm worried.

"(N/n)..?"

No answer....

"(N/n).?"

I went from worry to panic. I picked up the Gekota.

"(N/n)!!"

"Miko-chan?"

A sound of curtains opened..I looked up and there (he/she) was...(N/n), hiding behind the red curtains...

*Moments later, Your POV*

Mikoto was holding her hands tightly on her lap as she was sitting at the couch. She looked pretty upset...I placed the Gekota on a sofa single.

"Sorry. It's April Fool."

"I'm okay."

She was giving out a dark aura while sparks are flying from her bangs..

Ah...She's mad...I need to do something to calm her down.

I looked around the room and my eyes landed on the Gekota, I smiled when an idea came into my mind.

I picked it up and made the Gekota facing Mikoto.

"Miko-chan?"

She looked at me and the Gekota. I moved the Gekota's arms to gesture an apology.

"I'm sowwy..." I pouted while making the Gekota's head to hang down. Mikoto's face was blushing pink and glanced away.

"I hate you."

I repositioned myself so I'm facing Mikoto again.

"Do you really mean that..?" I give Mikoto my biggest puppy eyes to her while making the Gekota look like he's crying.

She was looking at me...Then all of the sudden—

"Ow!" A quick, sharp pain came from my forehead, the Gekota was taking away from me by Mikoto. "H-Hey-!" I paused with her index finger made contact with my lips.

"Just kidding." She winked while sticking her tongue out a little with a smile.

I smiled along, she lowered her finger and peck my lips. However, I kissed her back with my love for her, and she returned the kiss with her love. I was mentally happy like a child opening gifts on Christmas Day.

She got me. She got me real good.

Both of us broke the kiss with our cheeks flushed pink, we smiled and said at the same time.

"I love you."

That was the end of our 1st day of April, together as (husband/wife) and wife.

This one-shot was influenced by the anime "Osake wa Fuufu ni Natte kara" in episode 10.