The promise (Childhood friend, Male reader) Part 2

The friend will appear in this part where he would be address with (F/_/_) or (f/_/_), the two blank spots applied to the normal reader format like, for the friend's name is (F/F/n) or (f/F/n) and etc. Also the reader doesn't know that Misaka was the third rank level 5, he became so distant that he doesn't know some news. And I hope you enjoy it.

Both of them yelled, "Pinky promise!"

Those words echoed in (F/n)'s mind as he looked at his right hand, his pinky finger actually...

(F/n) has grown up and become a middle schooler to a good school despite the fact he's a level 2. He's a kinetic energy-absorbing esper, he can absorb the kinetic energy from another force and use that energy to fight back. However, there are limits..he can only take away completely the kinetic energy from small objects like a ball being thrown by a child to a punch by a trained boxer. However, people who are level 3 and 4, he would receive some minor damages depending on the esper's ability. Think of that ability like an air bender, flow along with the wind—not against it, but instead it's energy.

It has been years since that promise....(F/n) felt that he was losing hope as time pass by. He even wondered that if Misaka has forgotten him..or the promise....Ever since Misaka left, (F/n) became less happy and inactive with his peers..he grew distant from them while couple of them tried to befriend him, but it didn't work...the teachers were surprised that he was able to raise his level up despite this form of depression. Somehow.....Somehow, he still hold onto that promise...as if the promise became his wish, his only wish.

"Oh~! (F/n)-kun. You up?" A boy's voiced called out, it was (F/n)'s friend, (f/L/n) (f/F/n). (F/F/n) and (F/n) became friends during their first year in the second semester. (F/n) knew at some point he need someone to help him and (f/F/n) was the only person that was persistent enough that (F/n) gave in. Hence, (f/F/n) became (F/n)'s friend.

(F/n) rose up from his bed, revealing his nightwear that was his white tank-top with black training pants. He walked toward the front door, tiredly as he scratch his messy (c/h) hair. He opened the door revealing (f/F/n) wearing a sleeveless black sweater vest that has a gold color stitches—forming the school logo, along with a white dress shirt underneath it, dark blue jeans, with red tennis shoes. (F/F/n) has (f/h/c) with (f/e/c), he was smiling with the hopes that (F/n) would cheer up.

"Hey, (f/F/n).." (F/n) said tiredly as he scratched his lower back.

"(F/n), come on! Don't you know what day is it today?!"

"It's nine in the morning on a Saturday—so what?"

"Dude! It's the day where the Tokiwadai school allows the public to go to the school. Of course the dorms are off-limit, but there's food, an auction, galleries, and get this—there's a performance happening, the Ace of Tokiwadai is performing today!" (F/F/n) said excitingly with stars in his eyes.

"Yeah...One problem...Only certain limited number of people from the public can go to the school—that school only allows people with invitations..." (F/n) said with a tick mark on his head, assuming that both of them don't have invitations and it was pointless to even mention it.

With a confident smirk, (f/F/n) pulled out two envelopes from his back pocket with their names respectively on each envelope. "Well~then how about this then?! Invitations! With our name on it!"

(F/n) took a better look at the invitations—and would you know, it really has his name on the envelope! He took his envelope from (f/F/n)'s hand and quickly opened it to read the letter.

Moments after reading it, (F/n) looked at (f/F/n) in shock and asked, "Is this for real..?" (F/F/n) nodded his head while still holding his cocky smirk.

"I'll get ready!! You go on ahead!!" (F/n) dashed back in his room, dressing his school clothes on but he stumbled a lot which caused him to trip couple of times.

Ten minutes later, (F/n) was running down to Tokiwadai middle school with his school uniform on and holding tight to his invitation. In his mind, he couldn't stop and wonder who sent him the invitation. This led in hope that Misaka still remembers him. With a big happy smile that was been far too long forgotten, (F/n) finally smiled with joy that he can finally see his best friend.

"(F/n)!!! It's almost starting!!" (F/F/n) cried out as he was waving his hand while he's at the front gate. He spotted (F/n) running and tried to get his attention, the attendance lady looked over (F/n)'s invitation after (F/n) approached the gate and handed her the invitation.

"All in order, you can go in." The lady let (F/n) in and (f/F/n) and (F/n) dashed in, passing people through with occasional apologies along the way. However, things don't according to plan...

(F/n) and (f/F/n) got separated when they accidentally spilt up in different direction. (F/n) wondered to what appeared to be a backstage. He slowly walked, looking around and spotted a source of light. Quickly walking towards it, he started to hear a girl's voice—a panicked girl's voice at that.

Slowly approaching the source, he peeked through some props and saw a girl wearing a white dress with blue lining on the bottom of the dress and straps on her shoulders, and a white rose-like flower on the right side of her head. She was holding her head and saying things like, "Why am I being nervous about?!"

He noticed that the girl looked strikingly familiar. From her hair to her eyes, without a shadow of the doubt—it was Misaka Mikoto. He also realized that she is really pretty, back when they were kids—he admitted that she was cute which resulted him receiving couple of punches from Misaka as she denies it.
Unknowing to him, his heart was beating fast, he felt his face getting heated up, and he was breathless...till he started falling over, causing Misaka and himself to be off of their own trance.

"Ow ow ow ow ow ow...." (F/n) pushed himself off the floor and saw a pair of white high-heels, then he slowly looked up in fear...Misaka was holding a folded chair, ready to strike him down.

"Who-who-who the hell are you?!" Misaka shouted as she raised the chair higher. (F/n) frantically raised his hands in the air, hoping that she doesn't hit him with the chair.

"Wait wait wait! I don't mean any harm, Mikoto!" He ready his arms for the upcoming strike, but it never happen. He heard a loud clank, then lowered his arms and saw that Misaka was so in shock that she dropped the chair. She covered her mouth and tears are raising from her eyes.

"(F/n)-(F/n)...? Is it..really you...?" Misaka asked as (F/n) stands up. He hold his right arm as he starting to get nervous...

"Y-yeah..." (F/n) answered as he looked away. He couldn't looked at Misaka as he felt his stomach doing flips. It has been years since they talk—let alone seeing each other. They're bound to be nervous with each other.

The silence was broke by Misaka's question,"S-so...h-h-how ha-ave you been..?" (F/n) jolted and answered her question, "O-oh! I-I-I'm d-d-doing fine! H-how about you?"

Suddenly Misaka looked like she's spooked up. "Oh no.....my performance!!" She held her head in panic, "Oh my god! I complete forgot about my performance! What-do-I-do?! What-do-I -do?! What-do-I-do?!"

"Misaka! Calm down! Calm down!" (F/n) placed his hands on Misaka's shoulders gently to get her attention. "Remember that music activity we did back in the spring?"

"Um...Hold on a second..." Misaka tapped her forehead with her index finger to think, and her eyes widen as she suddenly remembered that moment. "You mean that one time we played together?"

(F/n) grinned, "Yep. What do you think?" Misaka let out a playful giggle, "We're going to get in trouble after all of this. You know that right?"

"It will be all worth it. It's been so long since I saw you, ya' know?" (F/n) smiled and said with happiness, "I want to catch up with you, once this is all over." Misaka smiled as well—knowing that he would say something like that.

"Okay, (F/n). Let's go make some fun memories."

That's part 2 of this one shot.