Chapter 10 - Alone

Clyde Dante

I opened my eyes slowly and automaticly looked at the sofa. It's empty. I raised my eyebrows and got up quickly. I turned to see the bathroom and the door was opened. I took my phone and it's 8.21. I ran downstairs and found no Beverly.

"Where's Beverly?" I asked grandma who's currently watering the plants.

"She went out for a run."

"Right.. I forgot about that but she.. doesn't know the neigbourhood." I said and grandma chuckled.

"What?"

"You're worried about her? She's a smart girl." I raised my eyebrows when grandma said that.

"But still grandma.." I said and at the same time.. I heard the door opened. I turned my head to the door and found Beverly walking in. She's wearing a black nike sports bra and nike shorts. She unplugged her earphones and walked inside. She took off her shoes and when she saw me.. she smiled.

My eyes went down to her flat stomach. Her body is full of sweat and I closed my eyes. She does know how to make a man go crazy.

"Hey babe.. Grandma, I'm back." Bev said and grandma smiled to her.

"I made you a coffee." Grandma said.

"Thankyou." Bev smiled and she walked to the kitchen. I followed her and raised my eyebrows.

"You never come here right? You know the neighbourhood?" I asked as she drank her coffee.

"I have google maps and besides I can ask people around here." She said and she has a point. I'm worring her for nothing. After she finished her coffee, she ran back upstairs and I threw myself to the sofa.

"How long have you been dating her?" Grandma asked she walked in from the garden.

"A year." I answered and she nodded.

"Do you want coffee?" Grandma asked and I shook my head.

"Take her around, Clyde. Take her to disneylands or seaworld or universal studio.. or just take her around." Grandma said.

"Yeah.. I will. She's showering upstairs." I said as I got up from the sofa. I walked upstairs to my room and heard the shower turned on. She's showering. I sat on the sofa and found her keeps beeping. I leaned and read all the messages.

She's definitely a playgirl, she has a lot of men messaging her.

"God! You scared me!" I turned to Beverly and she walked out from the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her body and water dripping from her body.

"Grandma asked me to take you around."

"If you don't like it, just drop me anywhere. I can stroll around myself and then you can pick me up later on."

"My grandma is not an idiot."

"Meet some friends or your ex.. You can pick me up later on." I mean that's a really good idea. I nodded and she walked into the bathroom again with her clothes. I decided to call my friends.

"Hey Ricky."

"Hey Clyde, what's up?"

"I'm in LA, wanna meet up?"

"Yeah sure, how about lunch? Lucky you, I'm with Pierre now." Ricky and Pierre are my bestfriends in LA. We all went to the same highschool before I moved to New York to live up my dreams.

"I'll see you at In and Out."

"Cool, I'll see you there." He ended the call and at the same time, Beverly walked out from the bathroom. She wore a white tanktop and top it with a checkered blouse. She wore a black short. I'm a man for godsakes.

"So.. you're meeting your friends?"

"Yup.. for lunch."

"Oh okay, you can drop me anywhere. Just call me if you're going to pick me up." She said and I nodded. I got up and walked to the bathroom. It's my turn to take a shower.

I took a quick shower and I forgot to bring my clothes. I was used live alone and I cursed myself for it. I walked ot from the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my hips. She saw me and then her eyes got back to her phone. I bet she saw a lot of guy's body before.

Wait..

"You changed your clothes?" I asked and she looked up to me.

"Yeah." She changed into a black ripped jeans and a white tee. She already has her make up on and hair curled. Actually.. she's not bad.

"You should put clothes on, not staring at me." I coughed and walked back to the bathroom. Damn it! I put on my black shirt and jeans on.

"Where do you want to go?" I asked her as I took my wallet and phone with me.

"Can you drop me at the seaworld?" She asked and I looked at my watch. It's 1 hour away but I guess I will make it to lunch just in time.

"Okay." I said and she got up from the sofa. She walked to the table to take her bag and her heels from the luggage. I opened the door for her and she walked out first. I followed her downstairs.

"Where are you two going?" My mom asked with my dad and grandma looking at us both curiously.

"Seaworld." I said.

"Oh! Have fun!" They said and Beverly waved at them. We walked out from the house and got into my car. She out her seatbelt on and I put mine. I drove out from my house.

"I will pick you up around 5." I said to her.

"Okay." She said as she took out a small camera from her bag. I kept glancing at her and she's busy looking at the photos in her camera.

"Clyde."

"Hmm?"

"Can I just.. rent a car?" She suddenly asked and when the traffic light turned red. I stopped and turned to her.

"Rent a car?"

"You know. It's better for you and me. I can stroll everywhere I want." She said.

"Now?"

"Yeah now.." She said and I nodded. I made a U turn and drove towards the renting place. We parked there and got out from my car. We walked inside and she picked an ordinary black car to rent. After finish signing the contract, we walked out together.

"Bye." Beverly said.

"Yeah." I said without looking at her. I walked towards my car and let's just go to Ricky's place to kill time then.