Chapter 12 - Guilty?

Clyde Dante

"Babe, can you pass me the tuna please?" Bev asked me as she pointed at the tuna can. I took it and passed it to her. She opened it and drained all the water.

She put it into the bowl and put a lot of mayonaise. I looked at her disbelief. She put a pinch of salt and pepper and then done.

"Babe, come here." She called me babe a lot and it's not that I hate it but it's like she's used to it now.

I walked towards her and she put the tuna on a small piece of bread and then she gave it to me. I hesitated at first but she forced me to eat.

"Good right?" She asked as her eyes shines waiting for my reaction. I munched it and nodded. She squealed and then she started to eat her breakfast.

"Grandma, do you want to try this?" Bev asked.

"What is that?" Grandma asked as she looked at it suspiciously. Bev put the tune on a small piece of bread and gave it to grandma.

"Oh my gosh.. it's good." Grandma said and she sat beside her eating it together. I smiled looking at my grandmother so happy enjoying the food.

"You hate it?" Grandma asked.

"He hates it." Bev said and I never said that. I rolled my eyes and walked towards the fridge. I took out a small box of bacon and sausages from the fridge. I need my breakfast too.

"What are you making?" Beverly slipped her arm through my arm and wrapped it around my hips.

"As usual." I smirked and she looked at up to me. Thank God, our backs are the ones that facing grandma.

"I want it too.. can you make it more for me?" Bev smiled.

"Yeah sure." I said and she kissed my cheek.

"He's the sweetest, isn't he?" Grandma asked her.

"The best." Bev turned to her and smiled. She turned to me again and looked at me start to cook. The bacon and the sausages.

"You two look to cute together! Oh I can't wait for you to get married and have kids." Grandma squealed from the back.

"Me too, grandma." I answered as I looked at Beverly. I leaned closer to her and she kissed my lips.

"You're so cute.. not only cute but rich too." She kissed my cheek and winked at me. She walked away back to the dining table and continue to eat her tuna. Grandma left the dining room because there's a call.

"Nice act." I complimented her. She suddenly brought her tuna and her bread here beside me. She ate her tuna and I looked at it.

"Want some again?" She asked and I nodded. She gave me a little piece of bread with tuna on it. I ate it deliciously.

"Do you have any plans today?" She suddenly asked and I turned to her but her attention was currently on her tuna.

"No, why?" I asked and instead of answering.. she gave me more of her tuna.

"Why?" I asked her again.

"Nothing."

"Do you want to stroll around?" I asked her and she looked at me with this yes-I-want-to-go-out look.

"Can we?"

"Of course, grandma asked us to buy some ingredients for BBQing tomorrow. Since it's her birthday, let's just make her happy."

"Oh.. okay." She said and then I focused on my cooking again. When I'm done, I turned my head to Beverly but she's currently looking at the ground blankly.

"You okay?" I poked her and she nodded. She finished her tuna and put it on the sink. She washed it and then walked away.

"Bev, don't you want this?"

"I'm full." She answered and I put the bacon and the sausages on a plate. I sat down on the chair and began to eat. I looked at it and left it for Bev. I walked upstairs to my room and found her sitting on the sofa looking outside the window. I sat beside her and gave her the rest of my food.

She looked at me blankly and I gestured her to eat. She ate it slowly and then I put down the plate when she finished.

"You okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine. I just feel kinda bad to lie to your family. It's not even a week but I already felt guilty for lying." She said as she looked out to the window. I followed her eyes and she's looking down to the garden where grandma and my parents are currently talking and arranging for the BBQ party tonight.

"Don't feel guilty, I will take the blame if there's something bad happens." I said and she looked at me nodding.

"Why did you.. you know choose to work as Ms. Red?" I asked in a really careful tone. Before she answered my question, she put her legs on my thigh and I was a little bit surprise that she's so comfortable with me now. It's like kissing.. linking her arm to mine.. holding hands.. kiss on the cheek.. looking at each other with those eyes.. don't even bother her. I mean.. it's her daily job.

"Why do you want to know?" She asked me.

"I don't know, I'm just curious."

"Then you won't get the answer." She said as she looked out to the window again.

"Okay then.. it seems you hate it when people ask you about something privacy."

"I'm an introvert."

"Well you don't look like one." I said and she turned to me smiling and then turned back to look out the window.

"Aren't you wasting your time by dragging me here? You will stuck with me for a year by the way, you can use that time to.. you know find your miss right. We don't need to lie too." She asked.

"My grandma has a weak heart, my parents told me that.. I need to spend a lot of time with her and make her happy. She asked me to stay here for a year and here I am."

"Then why do you bring me?"

"They keep trying to set me up with someone. They said that I'm 29 already, I have money and I have a stable job.. They want me to get married." I answered.

"Should I act like a bitch more? Or is it enough for now?"

"Why do you need to act? Isn't it your job in a first place? Be a bitch and a girl who flirts.." I said and she turned to me. Shit!

"Beverly.. I didn't mea-"

"There's nothing wrong about your sentence." She chuckled and that made me feel so bad.

"So.. let's go grocery shopping." She sat up straight and turned to me smiling.

"Yeah, let's go."