Chapter 38 - Nice

Beverly Carington

"We want to ask you, Mr. Hastington, are you satisfied with the designs and everything?" Clyde asked him and yes we gave all the designs and explained everything to Christian Hastington along with Lauren Hastington last week and now they invited us to talk about the results.

"I love it.. I kinda know why my dad love to use two companies for this project."

"We're glad to help." Clyde said.

"Anything else, Mr. Hastington?" I asked.

"Well.. No but we just want to let you know that we're going to make this starting next year."

"Good to hear it." I said and then Clyde got up from his seat so am I and the Hastingtons. We shook our hands and Mr. Hastington lead us out to the lift.

"I'll leave you guys here.. I have to make a call." Lauren Hastington and she gave us a small nod before going away.

"Oh.. Mr. Dante and Ms. Carington, how about we eat lunch together? It's almost 12 anyway." Clyde turned to me and I nodded a little. Besides it's kinda not polite, The Hastington is one of the biggest company in America and let's just take the offer besides we can talk a lot there.

"Sure." Clyde answered. The lift opened and Mr. Hastington walked in first and then we joined him. Mr. Hastington asked us about architect related question and I can say that he's very smart. He asked the both of us about trend these days because he and his dad and his friends are planning to make a big house around SF later on.

"Is it okay if my wife join us?" Christian asked.

"Sure, Mr. Hastington." I answered. We walked towards the restaurant on the 1st floor and we got the most nicest spot in the restaurant. Of course they will give us one because the owner is here.

"So Mr. Dante, what makes you taking over the project?" Christian suddenly asked.

"Well.. Long story short, I was in LA when the project started. I assigned Peter because my family asked me to go to LA and when I got back.. I found out that my girl got in the project too but with Architect Hive."

"Your girl?" Christian raised his eyebrows and Clyde gestured at me.

"Hello." We got up when Christian's wife came. She's so beautiful and elegant. Everything about her screams attractiveness.

"Tay, this is Clyde Dante and Beverly Carington. They're the people who designed the Harvest. This is my wife, Taylor." He introduced us to his wife. I shook her hand so was Clyde.

"It was nice to meet you, Mrs. Hastington." I smiled.

"Oh.. don't be so formal, you can call me Taylor." She said as she sat down across me.

"But Mr. Dante.. I'm glad that you took over this project because I don't like Peter's style of design. I mean.. his design is modern but somehow it doesn't suit my taste alog with my dad's."

"You can call me Clyde, Mr. Hastington." Clyde chuckled because we're too formal.

"Clyde it is then.. and let's just drop the last name basis. We might have the same age anyway." Christian said.

"I'm almost 30."

"Wow.. I'm 27." Christian laughed.

"Babe.. we should order first. How could you talk without ordering?" Taylor smacked Christian's arm and Christian nodded. He called the waiter and they gave us the menu. We ordered our food.

"So.. Beverly right?" Taylor asked me.

"Yes." I smiled.

"I saw your design and I love it. I mean.. I can't believe your drawing and sketches are amazing." She said and I chuckled.

"Thankyou, Taylor. This is my first project."

"Oh really? Well you did a really good job. Luke loves it."

"Thankyou so much for giving this opportunity." I said.

"They're dating, babe." Christian said to Taylor.

"Oh! Really? Wow!" Taylor looked at us both happily.

"Ohh.. You fell in love while drawing and sketching?" Taylor smirked at us.

"Babe, that's their privacy." Christian said and Taylor pouted.

"It's okay, Mr. Has- I mean Christian. We fell in love before that.. I guess.. maybe." I said and then turned to Clyde.

"Kinda like that." Clyde chuckled.

"Oh is it okay if I call you straight away if I need you to design something?" Taylor asked me.

"Of course."

"She wants to renovate our house because she wants a walk in closet.. I don't understand why woman need that." Christian said and I chuckled.

"I can't believe you said that.. then why do you need another garage?" She hissed at him.

"Fine fine.." Christian gave up. Taylor gave her phone for me to write my phone number. I gave it to her and she missed call me. I saved her phone number.

"Walk in closet is a must if you love fashion." I said.

"I know right."

"She used my study room to put a pile of clothes." Christian said.

"Christian, you told me to put there so don't blame it on me."

"I always lose whenever we have this conversation." Christian said looking at Clyde.

"Me too. I never win.." Clyde said as he turned to me. I glared at him.

"Oh right.. please tell your dad that my dad say hi!" Christian said.

"Will tell him later on the phone." Clyde said. Suddenly Christian's phone rang and he excused himself to take the call.

"How long have you two been together? I've always wantto have this office romance kinda thing.. but it didn't happen to me and Christian."

"A month.. around that." Clyde answered.

"I see.. is he treating you good?" Taylor asked me making me laugh right away.

"Yup.. he's good."

"Oh by the way.. I recommended you two to my friend 2 days ago, she asked me if I know a good architect. It's okay right?"

"Of course, we're thankful for that."

"Oh it's nothing, besides it's good to help friends." She smiled.

"Sorry about that.. oh there's our food." Christian sat back on his seat and we started to eat together. I thought they will so formal and.. you know.. I thought it will be awkward but they both really nice. I mean they both are in the highest chain in America but they're pretty nice and fun to be with.. not to mention that they're so smart.

I'm so blessed to work with them..