Chapter 39 - Oh My God

Beverly Carington

"Beverly.. you need to rest." Becca said and I shook my head.

"No.. I can't rest. I need to finish this tomorrow."

"Go have a 1 hour sleep, it will help you." Becca said as she pulled me to my bed.

"One hour.. please wake me up."

"I promise." She smiled and I nodded. I laid on my bed and closed my eyes. I fell asleep right away.

I've been so tired these days with all the project coming. I'm not complaining about it but it's just tiring. I rarely hang out with Clyde since he's busy too. Our project together almost finish, Sean and Vin will handle the rest of it.

I opened my eyes slowly and I looked at the clock beside my bed in horror. I overslept! I got out from my room and found Clyde on the living room drawing.

"Clyde?" I called and he turned to me. He smiled and got up from his seat. He walked to me and kissed my cheek.

"You know.. you need to rest more." He said and I turned my head to the table.

"No.. I have work to do. Wait! Clyde.. is that my-"

"Just take a little bit of rest. Sleep for 3 hours more." He said as he pushed me towards my room.

"Clyde!" I shook my head.

"Beverly, you haven't sleep in 2 days and you're a walking zombie now."

"I slept for 3 hours and I'm fully awake now." I said looking at him straight into his eyes. He sighed and let me go.

"Don't you have work too?"

"I'm done.. so I decided to come here because I miss you." He said and I smiled. I caressed his cheek and gave him a peck on his lips.

"I miss you too."

"I will finish tomorrow.. please let me do my job okay?" I asked and he nodded. I brought my work back to my room and sat down on my chair. Clyde threw himself to my bed and I let him rest.

I ket worrking and working until I checked my phone that it's already dinner time. I'm almost done and I decided to rest for a little bit. I got up from my chair and turned my head to my bed. Clyde was sleeping soundly hugging my pillow. I walked to the other side of the bed and crawled slowly to him. I kissed his forehead and caressed his cheek.

I got up and decided to make dinner. I walked out from my room and closed the door.

"Clyde's sleeping?" Becca asked and I nodded.

"He must be tired."

"Look at yourself." He said and I laughed as I opened the fridge.

"I'm going out.. Tris' birthday." She said and I nodded.

"You look beautiful as always, Becca."

"Bye!" She said and she left. I turned my head back to the fridge. I found chicken and cheese. I decided to make a simple gordon blue without any ham. I started to cook and when it's almost done in the oven. I walked into my room and woke Clyde up.

"Clydey.. Clyde.." I poked his cheek and he slowly opened his eyes.

"Hmm?"

"Let's eat."

"Uh? Okay." He said as he got up slowly. He rubbed his eyes and closed his eyes again.

"Cldye, let's go." I said and he nodded but he's not getting up. I pulled both of his hands and he hugged me. He gave me a lot of kisses on my face making me giggle.

"Clyde.. let's eat, I'm hungry!"

"Okay.. okay fine." He said and he opened the door. I walked out first and ran to the oven to take the chicken out. I put it on the plate and put one in front of Clyde who's already sitting on the dining table.

"Eat!" I said as I gave him a knife and fork. I sat right in front of him and started to cut my chicken.

"Bev."

"Hmm?" I asked as I put a piece of chicken into my mouth.

"If I ask you to marry me.. will you?" He asked suddenly completely out of blue. I choked on my food and ran back to the kitchen to get a warm water. I walked back to the dining room.

"I'll take that as a no."

"Hey! I never say that!" I hissed at him and he raised his eyebrows at me.

"Then what?"

"Marry you? For real? Like real real marriage?" I asked and he nodded.

"Why do you want to marry me?" I asked.

"This is good." He pointed at the chicken and I looked at him disbelief.

"You wanted to marry me just because the chicken is good?" I asked and glared at him.

"Imagine I will be eating your cook everyday for the rest of my life.. I'll be happy."

"Marry to my food then." I said and he laughed.

"Of course.. because I love you silly. Why are you so sensitive today?"

"I still have a lot of work okay? My brain is going to blow up."

"You'll finish it soon." He smiled and I nodded.

"I know."

"So.. marry me?" He asked and I blinked a couple of times.

"You're proposing now?" I asked in a high tone.

"I can't?"

"I mean.. you can.. but.."

"I'm not the most romantic person out there, Beverly, but.. I really love you. Will you marry me?" He asked as he took out a small blue box from his pocket and I blinked a few times to make sure that this is.. real. He took the ring and looked at me raising his eyebrows.

"Do I have a choice?"

"No.. not really."

"Then put it on!" I said as I gave him my left hand. He smirked as he slid the ring to my finger.

"Oh my god." I said as I looked at the ring. It's so beautiful.. I bet it's expensive.

"Now.. can I get a passionate kiss?" He asked and I turned my eyes to him. I walked to him and sat on his lap.

"Why aren't you on your knee?" I asked.

"No need to do that.. you know my heart." He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"Now give me my kiss!!" He hissed and I crashed my lips to him without any hesitation..

I love you too Clyde!