Chapter Eleven

"Leah, wai-" Harry can't finish whatever it was he was going to say before the door handle jiggles. The sound makes us snap our heads toward the door.

I bite my lip as my heart burns in my chest at the fast pace. I turn back to Harry who looks just as frightened as I do. I sit up a little, Harry practically sitting on me.

"Leah! What the fuck! Why's the door locked?!" Hearing Ally's voice on the other side of the door just made me panic more.

Harry finally reacts as he stands fixing himself to make it look as though nothing had happened. If I looked at him, I would think that nothing had happened. He was very convincing.

I stand, fixing my hair and wiping over my lips. On my walk to the door, I catch my reflection and cringe. Ally will pick up that something's going on. She's like a freaking detective.

I let out a shaky breath, hand reaching for the metal door knob. I twist the lock before turning it. I pull the door back slowly, Ally rushing in.

"Fuck, I was worried for a second. I thought you weren't here and I don't have my key," She giggles, dropping her bag on her bed. She whips around to see why I had not yet spoken which is when Harry is found.

"What the fuck?" Ally mumbles, clearly surprised by my appearance.

"Um, Ally.... this is Harry..." I just introduce him as Harry because I didn't know what else to call him.

"Oh, well, um... hi, Harry." Lifting her hand, she gives him a quick wave. Harry nods at her before standing.

"I'm sorry, but I was just leaving. Goodbye, Ally." he says with a nod toward Ally and starts walking out. He glances at me, telling me to follow without speaking and telling Ally. I hold up my finger to Ally, telling her to wait a minute before stepping out.

When I close the door I am left with only Harry and the awkward tension that swallows us. Not even a knife could cut through the thick tension, we'd need a chainsaw.

"So," I am startled by Harry's voice floating delicately into my ears, soothing me.

"Yeah," I mumble, not sure what else to say.

However, the next words he spills makes me wish I suddenly became deaf.

"I didn't mean to do this. I shouldn't have... pursued... this." He gestures to me, his voice sounding as though he was sickened by me.

"What?" my voice was a whisper. Clearly I had misheard him. He couldn't be this much of a jerk, could he?

"I'm sorry, Ms Hamilton. Goodbye," He says before he turns swiftly on his heel, walking down the hall and down the stairs.

What just happened?

Harry came here, surprised me. He kissed me and was going to sleep with me but now he's leaving, practically telling me it was a mistake?!

My lip shakes as tears burn my eyes, on the brink of flowing down my face. I didn't want to go back inside with tears streaming down my face because I knew Ally would ask questions. What I really wanted was to run after Harry, asking what the fuck just happened.

However, I choose neither of those options as I press my back against the wall opposite of my room. Slowly, I slide down until I am sitting on the ground. I bring my knees up to my chest, lowering my head as I finally let the salty tears roll down my cheeks.

I knew I was crying mostly because I was confused. But also, I was a little hurt. Harry made me feel used. Maybe that's what he wanted, to use me for sex whenever he wanted then leave.

Sobs continue to wrack my body as I sit by myself in the dirty corridor. I hear the door creak open but I don't lift my head, just hug my legs closer.

"Leah?" Ally's voice rings. Her tone was soft and soothing, but it still didn't ease the ache I was feeling. I had never felt like this before.

Even in the second grade when I asked Nathan out but he said no, that I was a yucky pig. I was less humiliated then.

I couldn't understand Harry at all. When we met he seemed distant, but that's what I had expected. Then he seemed to have slightly warmed to me. The next thing I knew, he wouldn't speak to me. Then he almost begged for me to stay with him. But pushed me away after we were... almost intimate. Then he apologises before pushing me away again. I couldn't handle it. It was giving me whiplash and a headache.

"Leah, what's going on?" Ally asks gently as she slides down against the wall so she was sitting next to me. Her arms wrap around my body, rubbing my own arms in a way to soothe me.

"I-... I honestly don't even know," I stutter through tears, ending with a defeated sigh.

"Well... do you wanna talk about it?" she offers and I shake my head. I didn't want to talk about it because I didn't know what to say. It was a long story and the hurt was too fresh. I knew it would make me feel worse.

"Okay... what do you wanna do?"

I shrug, head tilting to look at her. "Shower and then bed?" I offer but she rolls her eyes sending me a look as if to say "are you kidding me?". I attempt a smile but I know I look like some crazy demented woman.

"No, you're not sulking and staying here to feel sorry for yourself." Ally orders and I sigh at her. That's all I had the energy for at the moment.

"Al, I don't want to-"

"C'mon, you have to do something that'll make it a little better. I'm not being a bad friend and leaving you to mope at home all night."

Well, it is said that alcohol can help soothe the ache...

***

I hope this was okay :)

Okay, I just would also like to say that I have upgraded my phone (yay) so hopefully my updates will be a little neater!! Hopefully ;)

Plus, it was my birthday yesterday!! I am now 18 and legal to drink!!!!

Thank you, x

© 2018 1d_minnion. All rights reserved.

Published: 08.06.2018
Edited: 19.06.2018