Chapter Twelve

I sway my hips to the beat of the music, the drink in my hand spilling over the side. The bright coloured liquor feels sticky over my hand but I shrug it off. I was happy with my decision to come out tonight. I knew it was only temporary, but the alcohol was really helping.

I continue moving, slowing down when I feel someone's hands gripping onto my waist. They guide my hips from side to side, pulling me back a little. My butt runs against their crotch, the bulge in their pants pressing against me.

I pull back, turning around to find who thought it was okay to grab me like that. There stands a guy about the same age, maybe five inches taller with broad shoulders and perfect blonde hair swept into a slope at the front of his head. He was hot, and as much as my head said to stay and dance, I suck my bottom lip into my mouth and walked away. I head back to the table Ally and I had been occupying most of the night.

Many glasses were scattered across the glass surface. Bringing my eyes from the table I find Ally clinging onto some guy.

"Well, I've never seen Sam get rejected like that before," the unnamed stranger laughs. I roll my eyes, picking my bag up off the chair.

"I'm going to the bathroom," I dismiss myself. I walk away before anyone has the chance to say anything. I walk around the corner to be faced with a full line to the bathroom. I sigh, pulling my phone from my bag.

Unlocking it I decide to open up my messages. My finger hovers over the third message from the top. I press down, opening the conversation.

Before I think of what I am doing I here the swoosh sound of my message being sent.

ME: I miss yoi... But I cant see yoo! You hurt me

I gulp down, locking my phone quickly, acting as if that it would delete the message. Or at least stop the possibility of Harry replying.

My phone buzzes and my heart sinks into the bottom of my stomach. Fuck.

HARRY: Leah are you drunk? Where are you?

I lock my phone again after I have read his message, praying that he'll go away. My phone vibrates once again in my hand, this time lasts longer than one chime. Shit, he was calling me. Do I answer? Do I ignore it?

I look at the screen on my phone, thinking over what my next move should be. I must take too long, though, because the call ends, a small message popping up to tell me I had missed a call. I sigh turning off the screen and leaning against the wall.

I am startled, however, when the device starts to ring in my hand again. Not knowing any other way out of this I press the small, green accept button. Slowly, I bring the device to my ear.

"Leah? Are you there?"  I nod my head, the action doing very little when I remember Harry can't see my gesture.

"Y-yes, yeah I'm here." I stumble over my words, suddenly feeling extremely nervous.

"Leah, are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Harry. I'm sorry I messaged you. I'm a little dr- tipsy." I correct myself before ending the call. It's only seconds before Harry has redialed my number.

"Wait out the front. I'm coming to get you." is all he says before dismissing the call. I bite my lip, leaving the line to the bathroom and heading back to the table. As I open my mouth to tell Ally what's happening I stop myself. I didn't want to be near Harry right now, and yet I was almost so quick to giving him whatever it was that he demanded.

Anger washes over me as I plop down into the seat. Harry was not controlling me. He had no say in what I did. "I'm getting a drink. Want one?" Ally asks her guy friend and me. I nod my head, as does Ally's stranger.

It doesn't take too long before Ally returns with three glasses clutched in her hands. She places them onto the table before sighing. "I really need to use the bathroom. I'll be right back," she says and we both nod.

A moment of silence passes before the guy speaks. "I'm Taylor, by the way." I nod, smiling happily at him.

"Leah," I tell him. He smiles raising his glass before skulling it.

Minutes pass by quickly and before I know Taylor and I have drank three drinks, still no sign of Ally either.

"So Leah, what has you down?" Taylor asks and I shrug.

"Boy troubles," I answer vaguely. The rest of the story is a little... complicated.

Taylor nods, sipping from his glass. "So, Ms Leah, are you single?" he questions. Honestly, I'm a little confused by the question. Why was he asking?

"Yeah, I am..." just as I finish I lift my drink but stop when I hear my name being called by a deep, husky voice.

"Leah!" he calls again but I just stay frozen in my place, not turning to look at whoever was calling my name.

"Leah, why weren't you outside?" He asks but I don't respond.

"Hey mate, who are you?" Taylor asks. I look at him in a way to silently tell him to stay quiet but he doesn't take any notice of me.

"None of your business. Come on, Leah. We're going," his hand lightly grips my arm but I pull away from his grasp.

"Leah...?" Taylor asks and I come back to reality.

"It's okay, Taylor. Thanks," I say as I stand. I start walking out with Harry's hand guiding me on the small of my back. I shrug him off, continuing to walk out.

When I step out I don't know which or where Harry's car is so I stop. "This way," He mumbles and I follow him. When the door is unlocked, I jump in.

"Please take me home," Harry sighs at my request.

"Leah, can you please look at me?" He pleads but I ignore him, eyes trained out the window. "Leah,"

"Please, jut drive." with that, I feel the car shift into drive and start moving.

***

I hope this was okay. I know that the was probably a little boring. I'm sorry.

Thank you anyway. xx

© 2018 1d_minnion. All rights reserved.

Published: 14.06.2018
Edited: 19.06.2018