Chapter Thirty-Three

I sat on the lounge, biting on my nails. My anxiety was at an all time high. I didn't know how I was supposed to spill the news to Harry.

The door swings open, Harry bursting through. "Leah?" He calls, noticing me on the lounge moments later.

"I'm going to leave you two alone," Ally says before leaving the apartment.

"Leah what the hell is going on? Are you okay?" He rushes out as he kneels down in front of me, hands on my knees while he looks into my eyes. I can't help the tears that brew in my eyes quickly. I knew he was going to flip out once he knew.

"Harry... I think I'm pregnant," I say quietly, hoping if I say the words quietly it will calm him a little.

"What?" He asks as he stands. His left hand reaches up, pushing his curls back. "How...?"

"In Paris... you forgot the condom. I took two tests, they both said I was positive."

"Are you fucking blaming me?!"

"What? No, I'm just telling you what happened."

"Leah, why didn't you say something that fucking night?! We could've gotten the morning after pill or some shit! Fuck, Leah, you should have said something!"

I stand from my seat, tears falling down my hot cheeks. "Are you seriously blaming me for all of this?! We both played a part in this, Harry. You know the risk of sex, and without protection, this is what can fucking happen!"

"Leah, I'm not ready to be a father! I can barely look after myself let alone a baby. Fuck!"

"You think I'm ready?! I'm chasing a fucking man that has hurt me more times than I can count! I'm barely a fucking adult and now I've gotta be a parent!" Harry comes closer, attempting to grab my arm but I step back. "No!"

"Leah... I'm sorry... I just can't have a child now..."

"Harry... is it the child or me?"

"What the fuck are you talking about?!" He shouts, the question aggravating him.

"Well, weren't you excited when you thought Brandy was pregnant? Now it's me and 'you're not ready'?!" I say as I hold my arm, the feeling of breaking down right on the verge.

"That's different..."

"How?"

"Fuck, Leah! I don't want to go through all that again!"

"I know, that's what strained this whole relationship! You think I'm just another fucking Brandy! Well I'm not! Now, I'm going to the doctors tomorrow. If you treat me like a human you can come, but right now I need to be alone..." I wipe my tears away, inhaling deeply.

"Leah..."

"No, Harry. Just leave," I step back as he comes closer.

"Okay," He says before leaving. As the door closes I drop to the floor, tears falling rapidly down my blotchy cheeks. I look down at my stomach, holding it with my hands.

"No matter what, you've got me,"

——— ——— ———

I pull on a hoodie before gathering all my things. I felt sick, the thought of having all of this confirmed today. I didn't know if harry was going to be there. I had sent him a text of times and all that last night, but I never got a reply.

"Ally, I'm going!" I call through her door.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?"

"No, if harry shows I don't want you to be there..." I sigh. I hoped he was there, but was prepared for the alternative.

I go down, crawling into my car before driving to the hospital. When I park, I lean back in my seat, nerves building in my veins as my heart beat picks up. "Shit," I curse as I crawl out. I start my walk inside, phone chiming in my jeans. I pull it out to find a message from Harry.

Harry: I'm here

I sigh, telling him I'll meet him in there as I continue my walk.

"Hi, I'm here for my ten o'clock appointment," I tell the fifty year old lady before me.

"Leah Hamilton?" She asks for clarification and I nod.

"Take a seat, Ms Hamilton. Doctor Johnson will be with you soon." I nod as I turn around to find a seat. As I turn, I find Harry standing there. He looked like he hadn't slept in weeks. His clothes didn't look tidy and put together like usual. His hair looked as though it hadn't ever been maintained.

"Hi," he speaks, tone filled with a much more huskier sound than usual.

"Hi," I answer sharply, still hurt from his reaction yesterday.

I move and take a seat, Harry sitting next to me. He moves to place his hand on my knee but I push him off. "Leah..."

"No, Harry. After yesterday I'm so close to telling you to never talk to me again. I'm sick of you thinking you can say whatever and not have consequences. It looks like I'm going to be the mother of your child, I need more respect," o demand and he sighs.

"I'm sorry," I don't reply, instead we wait in silence for my name to be called.

When I do get called I am filled anxiety.

"Good morning, Ms Hamilton. So, you're booked for a pregnancy test, yes?" He clarifies and I nod. "Okay, here," He says as he hands me a small cup. I follow his directions, disappearing into the bathroom to do my business. We then have to wait for the results.

It doesn't take too long before Doctor Johnson had them. "So, Ms Hamilton, according to these you are not pregnant." He says with a smile, however the words crush me. Although I hadn't expected a baby or been too thrilled, I felt devastated that I wasn't pregnant.

"Oh, um, okay," I say, tears brimming my eyes. I thank the doctor before leaving the room, Harry following closely behind.

When we step out of the building I break down and let all the tears out. I was hurt to find out that I wasn't actually pregnant. "Are you fucking kidding me, Leah?!" Harry tells, startling me.

"What?" I ask gently, not being able to muster up much more. "Are you seriously angry at me right now?"

"Of course I am! You tell me I'm going to be fucking dad then rip it away from me!"

"Harry I'm sorry I had two false readings but this isn't my fault. I'm upset too but maybe it's for the best right now," I try to ease his pain, even though he was just making mine worse.

"Fuck off, Leah. You did this shit on purpose! You're just like Brandy." His words make me sick to my stomach. He thinks I would do that to him?

"You know what, Harry?" I say the bitter words on the edge of my tongue sipping out before I could stop them. "I'm glad I'm not pregnant with your child. Look how you're treating me. You're not fit to be a parent." After those harsh words are in the air I felt sick. I can't believe I said them to him. "Just... just leave me alone Harry,"

***

Wow, this was intense...

By the way, only chapter thirty-four and the epilogue to go. They'll be up soon-ish..... :(

Thanks, xx

©️2018 harry_fics28. All rights reserved.