Chapter Twenty-Five

I stand from my criss-cross position on the floor, rushing to the door after hearing three loud knocks. I swing the wooden door open to reveal Derek with a rectangular box in his hand. The box was silver, a white ribbon wrapped neatly around it with a card hanging from the ribbon.

"Derek?" I was surprised by his visit, not thinking I was going to see him for another two and a half hours when Harry was coming to pick me up.

"Good evening, Miss Hamilton. Mr Styles wanted me to drop this by." He gestures to the box, moving the box toward me.

I grab the box, eyebrows furrowing in confusion. "What is it?" I knew Derek wouldn't tell me, even if he did know, but it was still worth a shot.

"I don't know, Miss Hamilton. I was just told to deliver it." I nod, in the back of my mind hoping Harry wasn't rude and demanding to Derek when he had asked. I knew how Harry could be, and Derek was a lovely man. And although when you look at Derek you may be terrified by his broad, muscular shoulders, he was one of the nicest people I had met.

"Okay. Thank you, Derek." I offer him a smile as I step back into the room, shutting the door. I pick up the card, opening it to see it read;

Hey baby
       This is what I want you to wear tonight. I can't wait to see you in it. I know you will look gorgeous no matter what. ;)
                 Harry x

I smile as I read the small message. Even in writing he could be so sweet. Gently I place the card on my table before untying the ribbon and lifting the lid of the box. Amongst sheets of thin, silver paper was a folded piece of black material.

I lift the dress out, watching as it tumbled from the neatly folded square it arrived in. The front was plain, hanging a little low in between the breasts. It was a backless dress, a silver chain running across the back of my shoulders to piece it together.

This is not something that I would have personally picked for myself, but I was more than happy with the decision.

I lay the dress flat over my bed, eager to slip into it. However, I had to finish my hair and makeup before putting it on.

I move back to position on the floor, facing the mirror and the many colours set out in front of me.

What would look nice with my dress....?

I decide to do a smokey eye with matte red lipstick painted over my lips. After colouring my face, I decide to work on my hair.

Picking up my heated curling wand, I wrap a section of hair around, burning curls into it. Slowly, I work my way around all my hair until finally all my hair is bouncing with ringlets.

I pick up my phone that played music, checking the time. Half an hour before Harry arrived. I was not going to put on the dress until ten minutes before I had to go. Because, with my luck I would have it ruined before I left my dorm.

I pull out my phone to pass the time. As I ignite the screen I see a message from Ally and another from Harry. I open Harry's first.

HARRY: I can't wait to see you in that dress...

HARRY: then I can't wait to take it off ;)

I giggle, blushing at his comment. Would he try something tonight? I mean, last time we tried something, it didn't go to plan. And I don't know if I would be able to go through with it... Especially in his mother's home.

I then open Ally's text.

ALLY: I hope you have fun tonight babe! Use protection!!!