Chapter Fourteen

I sit quietly at the table, munching away on the delicious pancakes. I couldn't really focus on how good they really were, though, because my mind was caught up on the fact that Harry wasn't even talking to me.

Was this all because for last night? Because I wanted to go home? Well, I never asked him to get me.

I sigh, pushing the almost empty plate away from me. "Kim, where's Harry's office?"

"Upstairs. Turn right and it's the first door on the left." I nod, mentally writing down the information as I stand up.

Following the instructions I arrive at a door, my heart beating fast. I knock three times before pushing the door open.

"Oh, I haven't even finished yet, Kim," Harry says calmly, no edge to his voice. I knew once he knew it was me though, that would change instantly. When there is no response he turns to look at me. When he sees that I am the one in the room he rolls his eyes.

"Harry?"

"What?" he asks bitterly.

"What's going on?" I ask stepping further into the room.

He sighs as he turns around to face me, harshly dropping his pen. "Really? Okay, well I pick you up from a fucking club at one in the morning and you don't even appreciate it."

I scoff at his words, popping out a hip as I rest my hand on it.

"I didn't ask you to come get me. You did that on your own goddamn behalf. Don't blame me! And I told you I wanted to go home! Not come to your place! If I wanted to be here, I would have said so!" he rolls his eyes at me clearly not impressed by my response.

"Fuck, Leah, you keep sending me mixed messages."

"I'm sending you mixed messages. Harry you keep kissing me, then pushing me away. You act like you want me around then you fucking disappear, leaving me crying in a goddamn hallway. But that's because I'm sending you mixed messages, yeah?"

Harry sighs, rubbing a hand over his face. "I'm sor-"

"Don't bother. I don't wanna hear your worn out apologies. I wanna go home." I walk out of the room and back into the room I stayed in last night. I pick up my phone and turn it on. Only 10% left.

I scroll through the contacts list on my phone, looking for a local cab company.

***

Finally the cab is pulling up and I feel content. I hadn't been home in so long since I left and it felt good to be standing out the front of my home again.

When I left Harry's he didn't come out to try to talk to me. He just let me drive away. And I don't know why it did, but it stung. I guess I had hoped he would run out, calling my name and shouting out he was sorry. But no. My life wasn't a sloppy, cliché movie.

I walk up to the door and don't bother knocking. I step inside, the calming smell of cinnamon filling my nostrils. I don't know what overcomes me but a few tears slip down my cheek. I guess this is how much I was really missing home.

I hear a clash of pans in the kitchen so I start for there, eager to find someone, anyone. When I walk around the corner I spot my mother putting away the dishes from the wrack.

"Mum, Nick keeps banging on the door!" Millie complains.

"Whatever, Mil. You're such a liar!"

"Enough! Both of you!" mum growls and they both shut up. No one had noticed me yet standing awkwardly in the door.

I clear my throat, all three turning to look at who was here. "Leah!" Millie chimes rushing over to hug me. "Oh my God, I haven't see you in forever!" she beams.