chris wood

imagining being an actress on the vampire diaries and kai being your love interest. you had gotten off to a bad start with Chris Wood.
warning: cursing!

(Y/C/N=Your Character's Name)

"Oh, Kai I thought I'd lost you forever!" You cried with some tears forming in your eyes. Chris pulled you into a tight hug after 'Kai' had nearly died.

*(sorry i dunno why i'm making tvd sound so lame and cringey.)*

"I'd never leave you. I love you Y/C/N." he admitted. You looked into Chris's eyes and had a small smile on your face. The show and cast were great except for one person. That person was Chris Wood. Ever since he was introduced to the show he had been nothing but rude to you. All of the other cast members love him and think he's sweet. Not to you he isn't. He always gave you a hard time and you decided that you'd treat him the same way. After they announced that you would be his love interest it only got worse from there. He would make fun of your acting and the way you kissed. Now was the most terrible part of your job or so you thought. Kai got down on one knee and pulled a ring out of his jacket pocket. "Y/C/N, after last night I realized that just the thought of losing you was the worst thing that could ever happen to me. So before anything else happens, will you marry me?" The way he spoke those beautiful words made it feel so real.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" You cried with tears of 'joy' running down your cheeks. He kissed you passionately and it didn't feel like any of your past kisses. You caressed his cheek with your thumb and he ran his hand down your back. His other hand slowly lowered until it was on your ass. Which was weird and different, but you decided to just go with it. You actually kind of enjoyed the kiss until you remembered who he was. The kiss went on for a long time and you knew that was on purpose.

"CUT!" Ian yelled. He knew about your hating for each other and when he was given the chance to direct an episode he took advantage. He wanted your characters to have a 'long and passionate' kiss. Bullshit. He just wanted to annoy you. Chris released you from the kiss and looked at you with a small smile. He still held you close even after the cameras had stopped rolling. "Take ten everyone," Ian announced.

"Get the hell off me." you whisper-shouted so only he could hear you. You pushed him off and away from you and headed towards your dressing room.

"y/n wait! Can we please talk for a second?" Chris pleaded. He followed you to your trailer and you shut the door behind him.

"What? What do you want?" you snapped. He looked a little hurt.

"I just wanted to say that maybe you should chew gum before our scenes." Chris joked. You simply closed your eyes in frustration and pointed at the trailer door.

"Get out. Get out before I kick your ass out." You said trying to stay calm. Chris laughed at the thought of you physically kicking him out.

"I'm just kidding y/n. I wanted to ask if you would go out to lunch with me. Once we finish our scenes?" Chris asked genuinely.

"Very funny Chris. Not. What's the catch?" you said not believing that he would actually ask you out.

"There isn't really a catch except that you go on a date with me," he said matter-of-factly.

"And why would we go on a date? We don't even like each other."

"I like you." Chris confessed. You couldn't believe it.

"Alright if this one of your sick jokes, you better leave my trailer before I punch you. I swear Chris I will do it." Chris laughed again at your threats. He closed the gap between you two so you were only centimeters apart.

"I like you y/n," Chris whispered as if someone else would hear him. Before you could say anything he replicated the kiss you two had earlier. He hoped that kissing would make you believe him. You caressed his face and he held on to you afraid that if he let go you would melt away. And this would all have been a dream. After a few seconds, you pulled away to catch your breath.

"This better not be a sick joke." you giggled.

"I promise you it isn't," Chris chuckled and held you close. You closed the space between you two completely. Chris explored your body with his hands and you held onto the back of his neck. He broke the kiss only to pepper your neck with more kisses. You tugged onto his shirt and jumped when you heard loud knocking. You and Chris separated and you fixed your hair before you opened the door.

"Save it for the camera you two," Ian remarked and walked back towards the set. Your ten-minute break was up.

"Well then," you looked at Chris awkwardly.

"So was that a yes to lunch?" Chris quipped. You shook your head and laughed at the taller man. This guy would be the end of you.

author's note
happy late birthday to chris wood! i forgot about his birthday because he's so inactive🥺🥺 and omg i still can't believe melissa is pregnant! i'm so happy for them <3 <3