chris wood

request by @maiastranger 

imagine you and chris are at a party. he leaves for a minute and you are approached by a stranger.

You grabbed the strappy black heels that sat in the back of your closet. These heels were very uncomfortable but were perfect for a special event. You and Chris would be going to an award show. Chris was nominated for his role in The Vampire Diaries. You would be at his side supporting him every step of the way. You pushed your long red dress aside and laced up your heels. Your feet would hate you by the end of the night.

"Hey babe, are you ready?" Chris opened the door to your shared bedroom. "Whoa," his eyes widened with amazement. You smiled at his reaction. Chris always showed his affection and appreciation for you. You were extremely lucky to have him. "You look gorgeous, as always." he winked.

"You clean up really nice Mr. Wood." you looked the guy up and down. He looked incredible in his simple black suit. Chris made anything he wore look good. 

"Ready to go?" he smirked. You smiled and grabbed your clutch bag. You two walked out of your shared house and got into your car. Chris drove and you sat in the passenger seat. The event was a twenty-minute car ride away. To pass the time Chris blasted some of your favorite tunes and sang along with a very high-pitched voice. You two laughed at his horrible singing and enjoyed the view. On one side there was the beautiful ocean California had to offer and mansions lined the other side of the road.

You lowered the music playing on the radio. "Have you practiced your gracious loser face?" you joked.

"You don't think I'm going to win?" Chris turned to you.

"What? No! Of course, you're going to win I-"

"I'm just kidding Y/N," he chuckled. You smiled and stayed staring at his perfect face. A few minutes later you were getting out of the car and Chris handed the keys to the valet. Chris wrapped his arm around your waist and you two walked to the venue. You were seated at a table with Ian Somerhalder, Nina Dobrev, and Kat Graham.

"Hey guys!" Chris greeted. They said their hellos and Chris introduced you to his coworkers. "This is my girlfriend, Y/N."

"It's so nice to meet you!" Nina pulled you in for a hug.

"It's so nice to meet you too!" you smiled and Chris pulled your seat out for you. Such a gentleman. 

After a few drinks and what seemed like hours, the award show was over. Sadly, Chris had lost but he wasn't very upset about it. You hugged his side as you walked to your car. "Sorry, you lost babe," you consoled.

"Oh, it's fine. I was up against a lot of great actors." he smiled down at you. You two got into the car and headed to the after-party. You got to know the cast of TVD better at the show and they encouraged you guys to go to the after-party. Well more like they pressured you into going. The house the party was held at was only five minutes away from the venue. Once you parked the car there was a huge line of people waiting to get in. After twenty minutes of waiting in a line full of movie and tv show actors, you guys were at the front of the line.

"Name?" a middle-aged man in a dark gray suit asked.

"Chris Wood." your boyfriend answered. The man motioned for you guys to proceed. You entered the huge mansion and stayed glued to Chris's side. The house was bustling with well-known actors and loud music erupted from the center of the room.

"What do we do now?" you asked.

"I don't know I've never been to one of these before." you both laughed. You two glanced around the large living room and spotted the TVD cast. They surrounded a table in one of the corners of the living room. They waved you guys over to them. Chris held onto your hand and he guided you through the crowd.

"You guys made it!" Ian cheered. You all stayed in your corner and Kat brought you two drinks. After a few drinks and songs, you dragged Chris onto the dance floor. Ian, Nina, and Kat followed. You danced along to the loud music with your new friends. Chris was hesitant to dance.

"Come on!" you cheered. You grabbed his hands and moved them along to the song. He smiled at how bad you wanted to dance. Usually, you were quiet and kept to yourself. You didn't even really like parties and so Chris knew the drinks had gotten to you. Chris reluctantly danced with you. That was an overstatement. All he really did was sway to the music. That was enough for you though because you were grinning from ear to ear.

"I'm going to try to find the bathroom. Will you be okay?" Chris said into your ear so you could hear. You nodded with a smile and grabbed a drink off of a passing waiter's tray. Chris shook his head and you brought the glass to your lips. Chris disappeared in the crowd and you continued dancing to the music. Shortly after you couldn't see Chris anymore, you felt a tap on your shoulder.

"Hey," a tall man with blonde hair and blue eyes greeted. 

"Hi," you said back loudly enough for him to hear.

"I'm sorry but you are just gorgeous," he complimented. He used the same word Chris had earlier. Chris's compliment was heartfelt but the way this guy had said it raised red flags. He had gotten close to your ear so you could hear him.

"Oh," your eyes widened. You turned to your friends hoping they would help you out but they had also disappeared. You didn't know what to do or say to this man. Your usual social anxiety and alcohol were not a good mix. "I um-"

"Do you think we could go somewhere quieter?" he spoke into your ear. You couldn't figure out a way to say 'no' that wouldn't anger him. You really started to worry when he grabbed your arm.

"I'm sorry I-"

"Cmon let's go have a little fun," he protested. You shook your head and his grip on your arm tightened. You saw your friends were back at the table and were too distracted to notice you. He pulled you closer to him and you tried to escape from his grasp. You pulled your arm away from him but he only pulled it back towards him harder. All of a sudden he was yanked away from you.

"I don't think so," Chris shouted and punched the man in the face. The guy stumbled and landed on the floor. Chris was about to take another swing when you held his arm back.

"Chris," he turned to look at you. "Don't. Not here. He's not worth it." you tried calming him down. As much as the guy deserved the beating, you didn't want Chris getting in trouble or the media finding out. Chris lowered his arm and nodded his head. He gently wrapped his arm around your waist and you two turned to leave. You took a few steps before Chris turned back to face the guy who had gotten back up.

"Don't ever touch a woman like that," he glared at the guy. He turned back around and you two were met with the TVD cast.

"Sorry you guys had to go through that," Kat apologized. You smiled to show that you were okay. You were only left with a small mark on your arm and you were so glad Chris came when he did. You said your goodbyes to the cast and walked to your car. Before you could get in Chris pulled you in for a kiss. Your arms wrapped around his neck and he ran his fingers through your hair. He broke the passionate kiss to catch his breath.

"I love you," he said, out of breath.

"I love you too," you smiled and got into the passenger seat. Chris drove with one hand on the wheel and the other held your hand the whole ride home. 

author's note
thank you for the request! sorry it took a little long, i hope this was what you wanted. it's definitely not my best lol but i tried :( on a separate note, melissa's latest post gave us some chris content we desperately needed. i'm loving the new haircut. i feel like every time they post it's been so long and chris's hair is different every time lol